A lawyer, on Saturday, was attacked and shot dead by armed robbers on the Bole-Bamboi Highway in the Savannah Region.
The deceased has been identified as Accra-based lawyer, Richard Badombie Esq.
In a statement dated May 28, the Ghana Police Service revealed that the victim was driving a Hyundai Accent saloon car with two other passengers on board, travelling from Accra to Jirapa, when the incident occurred.
“When they got to a section of the road between Banda Nkwanta and Nuoyiri communities, three armed men emerged from the bush and signalled them to stop and while slowing down, one of the robbers shot and killed the driver,” parts of the statement read.
The Police noted that they have mounted a manhunt for the three suspected armed robbers.
Community members within Banda Nkwanta and Nuoyiri have been alerted to assist Police with relevant information that could lead to the identity and arrest of the suspects.
“We will do whatever it takes to get these miscreants arrested and brought to justice,” the Police said.
Meanwhile, member of the NDC and private legal practitioner, Edudzi Tamakloe has paid tribute to the lawyer; noting that his murder broke his heart.
“My deepest condolences to your immediate family and the Umbrella family. Your were so dedicated to the fight in the last election. National Chairman, Samuel Ofosu Ampofo presented this certificate to you last year. Please Rest In Peace.”
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- ECG prepaid vending system 99% restored in Volta Region
- Ukraine war: Russia warns US of direct military clash risk
- Help take partisanship out of galamsey fight – Akufo-Addo to National House of Chiefs
- Green Edition of ‘Rhythms on Da Runway 2022’ launched
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to get broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Ekow Blankson’s last video goes viral on social media
- Africa needs a plan to win World Cup – Asamoah Gyan
- Playback: Akufo-Addo meets House of Chiefs and MMDCEs over galamsey in Kumasi
- Driving Schools Association to publish list of approved institutions
- Sex for grades is corruption – Buhari
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Ghana wins ICAO Council Seat
- Debt restructuring conundrum and finding the right elucidation
- Kofi Kyereh picks Nigeria cameo as best individual performance
- GSE attains full membership status at World Federation of Exchanges