Biden says Russia’s war is about extinguishing Ukraine’s right to “exist as state, as a people”.
“Just before he invaded, Putin asserted, and I quote, ‘Ukraine was created by Russia’ and never had quote ‘real statehood’.
“And now we see attacks on schools, railway stations, hospitals.. even more horrifying evidence of Russia’s war crimes.”
The US president also references the mass grave recently uncovered in Izyum, which he said “showed signs of torture”.
He says Russia’s war is about extinguishing Ukraine’s right to exist as a state – “plain and simple”, before telling those at the UN General Assembly:
Quote Message: Whoever you are, wherever you live, whatever you believe – that should make your blood run cold. That’s why 141 nations in the General Assembly came together to unequivocally condemn Russia’s war against Ukraine.
Whoever you are, wherever you live, whatever you believe – that should make your blood run cold. That’s why 141 nations in the General Assembly came together to unequivocally condemn Russia’s war against Ukraine.He adds that the US has personally marshalled “massive levels of security assistance, hamartian aid and direct economic support” to Ukraine.
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- We will no longer be paying 50 pesewas and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister
- Debt Exchange: Proposal put forward by government drastic and steep – Prof. Bokpin
- Restructuring Ghana’s Debt: Pay your taxes, reduce size of government – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- John Kofi Owusu
- KNUST students develop smart farming system
- Nursing and Midwifery Council urges victims of medical negligence to report cases for redress
- Pedro Castillo: Peru’s ousted leader seen with police after impeachment
- Bondholders advised to compel government to reduce its size
- Waterstone Realty Ltd sues government for $4.7m over National Cathedral project
- Education should be priority of government in times of strike – NUGS
- Minority confident of kicking out Ofori-Atta by end of censure motion vote on Thursday
- Political scientist suggests merger of some ministries
- Playback: PM Express discuss burden of debt exchange programme on Ghanaians
- Road toll has not been abolished; law still exists – Roads Minister
- Hundred culinary students graduate at EKGS
- Debate on censure motion against Ofori-Atta to begin on Thursday