Rapper Sarkodie, has reportedly settled the medical bills of an 18 months old girl who accidentally fell into hot water.
In a post on Twitter, TV Personality Bridget Otoo, revealed that she was contacted by the rapper after the story of the baby named Rose, went viral.
She stated that Sarkodie foot the full bill, GHS13,000, for the family of the child.
“This is how it all started…I was in bed minding my business, then Boom, alert….King Sarkodie slipped in my DM…and I was WAS LIKE ermmm am I getting an ADVICe? Sarkodie shared a link of my post, wanted to verify if it was legit and If I had seen the child,” Bridget Otoo wrote.
This is how it all started …I was in bed minding my business then Boom alert…. King @sarkodie slipped in my DM … and I was WAS LIKE ermmm am I getting an ADVICe?— Bee Support fb (@Bridget_Otoo) January 8, 2022
What did you do Bridget …. #NewsBeat #20CedisForBabyRose pic.twitter.com/ibvx2jWpIU
Metro TV had reported that the family of 18-month-old Rose Samira Sulley, who has been receiving treatment at the hospital for months was unable to foot the bill for the young girl – neither for further treatment nor for her to be discharged.
The station had begun a campaign on social media to mobilise funds for the family and baby Rose.
It was through this campaign that Sarkodie saw the baby and offered to help.
However, Bridget Otto revealed the ‘Advise’ rapper first got in touch with her to ensure the story is true before he made the money available.
After confirming the story, she noted that Sarkodie shortly sent the bill to the announced mobile money number.
“I made it clear some people had donated some and he said it was okay and that the rest of the money be given to the parent of the child,” she wrote.
I made it clear some people had donated some and he said it was okay and that the rest of the money be given to the parent of the child. @dadotey thank you for bringing the story to us. We know it’s January but thank you all for being so kind. #20CedisForBabyRose— Bee Support fb (@Bridget_Otoo) January 8, 2022
- Major shake-up hits ECG as new MD reshuffles top 14 officers
- Ashanti Regional NPP delegates conference: Voting suspended for the 2nd time after protest from Chairman Odeneho
- ‘I will not recognise any naked person in this House again’ – Speaker on MPs dressing
- Armed female bystander kills man firing at party in West Virginia
- NPP Council of Elders in Ashanti region set to boycott Regional Executive Elections
- Ghana classified among 10 countries globally at risk of debt distress – CFR Sovereign Risk Tracker
- NDC had a policy to convert Achimota Forest into an eco-tourism facility – Fuseini
- Sir John’s alleged property at Achimota forest and Ramsar site will be returned to the state – Abu Jinapor
- The new youngest self-made billionaire in the world is a 25-year-old college dropout
- Watch the French Ambassador attempt to speak Twi
Incumbent Greater Accra Regional chairman, Divine Otoo Agorhom retained
We are working towards victory in 2024 – John Boadu
Commercialise prosecution of corruption and corruption related offenses – Domelevo to government
Hitz FM’s ‘Rep Ur Jersey 2022’ in pictures
Mind your business – Stefflon Don takes social media by surprise with Burna Boy ‘diss track’
NPP delegates in Bono East Region elect new chairman
Asset declaration law is insufficient – Martin Kpebu
Burial date for singer, Osinachi announced
AU: terrorism ecosystem evolving towards nexus between terrorism, others
Ashanti Regional NPP Delegates Conference: Fomena delegates ‘chase’ Regional Minister as voting ends abruptly
Kanye West raps about his custody battle with Kim Kardashian in new song ‘True Love’
Growing food crisis requires wholistic efforts to tackle – Alltech CEO
Lil Win’s ex wife reacts after he remarries, calls him an opportunist
Ashanti Regional NPP delegates conference: Voting suspended for the 2nd time after protest from Chairman Odeneho
Naa Ashorkor, 2 others donate sanitary pads to school girls on Menstrual Hygiene Day