After a great deal of internet speculation, Saweetie confirmed that she and Quavo have broken up.
Rumors started swirling around the two stars recently when eagle-eyed fans noticed that they unfollowed one another on Instagram.
On Friday, March 19, Saweetie addressed the gossip head-on in a tweet, writing that she is “single,” and addressing some of the emotions she’s been feeling about the breakup rumors.
“I’ve endured too much betrayal and hurt behind the scenes for a false narrative to be circulating that degrades my character,” she wrote.
“Presents don’t band-aid scars and the love isn’t real when the intimacy is given to other women.”
But Saweetie wanted fans to know that she’s doing OK now, and looking ahead to what’s next for her life. “I emotionally checked out a long time ago and have walked away with a deep sense of peace and freedom,” she added in a second tweet.
“Excited for this new chapter of elevation.”
I’m single. I’ve endured too much betrayal and hurt behind the scenes for a false narrative to be circulating that degrades my character. Presents don’t band aid scars and the love isn’t real when the intimacy is given to other women.— 220 (@Saweetie) March 19, 2021
I emotionally checked out a long time ago and have walked away with a deep sense of peace and freedom. Excited for this new chapter of elevation 🙏🏽— 220 (@Saweetie) March 19, 2021
It wasn’t long before Quavo responded, writing on Twitter: “I know you want to make this into a show so I’ll play my part just this one time. I don’t normally put my business out there, especially my personal life.
I feel the need to address this so there are no false narratives. I had love for you and disappointed you did all that. You are not the woman I thought you were. I wish you nothing but the best.”
I know you want to make this into a show so I’ll play my part just this one time.— QuavoYRN (@QuavoStuntin) March 19, 2021
I don’t normally put my business out there, especially my personal life. I feel the need to address this so there are no false narratives.
I had love for you and disappointed you did all that. You are not the woman I thought you were. I wish you nothing but the best 🙏🏾.— QuavoYRN (@QuavoStuntin) March 19, 2021
Still, Saweetie seemingly remains unbothered, quoting the Migos singer’s most recent tweet and adding, “Take care.”
Take care https://t.co/cNiQqDFtzR— 220 (@Saweetie) March 19, 2021
As noted by People, Saweetie and Quavo’s relationship can be traced back to 2018, when he slid into her DMs with a snowflake emoji.
“I saw her on my Explore page,” Quavo told GQ last summer.
“I was like, ‘Damn! Who is this?’ So I did my research and I DM her. I was like, ‘How she going to call herself icy and she doesn’t talk to me?’”
According to the former couple, they had their first date in Atlanta, and the rest was seemingly history, even spending a lot of time together at home during lockdown amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
During their conversation with GQ, both Saweetie and Quavo commented on how their relationship changed them over time, with Saweetie explaining, “I feel like I’m growing and I’m maturing because of him—not the music, not Saweetie, but Diamonté.… I don’t know how I would be as a person if I would have never met him.”
Similarly, Quavo added: “I don’t let people inside my life, and I let her inside. And she’s helping me grow up. She’s showing me how to love a woman.”
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Establish a debt limit in the constitution to control borrowing – Dr. Atuahene
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 23 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams