Kanekalon producers of hair fibreextensions, wigs and braids for women, has organised a competition to celebrate and empower ladies into developing their creative abilities on social media.
The four week long competition called the ‘Activ8 Challenge’ which took a virtual turn for its maiden edition began with 40 smart ladies, ended with five finalist and one emerging winner.
The competition which began with the month of April was climaxed on the company’s Instagram live stream on Sunday at the head office of Kanekalon in Accra.
The competition which is the one of a kind, gained a lot of attention on social media as lots of people showed support for their friends by sharing their posts, commenting and through the online voting system created by the team.
Kanekalon came up with this initiative to empower young ladies to use their time on social media more productively and to be play with their creativity.
With a new task given every week, the ladies were challenged to be at their best in order to stay in the competition.
Serwaa Appiah who emerged as the ultimate winner went home with a cash prize of ¢¢5000 took to her social media page to celebrate her victory by thanking all who voted and supported her.
The first runner-up, Angela who was popularly addressed as ‘French Bae’ won for herself a cash prize of ¢2000 and a package comprising of hair products from the brand.
The second runner-up, Nervissah also got a cash prize of ¢1000 and some gifts from Kanekalon.
Hiro Seko, the General Manager of the Kanekalon Africa, who was present at the event on Sunday was elated with the turnout of events.
He congratulated the ladies on their success while presenting their awards to them.
Mr Seko wished to see more great content and works from them and encouraged them to join the newly created official team of social media content creators for the brand.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Akufo-Addo is not against mining, he is helping to improve it – Lands Minister
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation