Songstress Abiana has laid her late 61-year-old mother, Esther Mawusi Kofitse, to rest.
The 21 VGMA Female Vocalist of the Year shared the heartbreaking news of her mother’s passing on her Instagram account on July 21.
She wrote, “Sharing this has been very hard for me. I was hoping my dear mom would wake up so I wouldn’t have to share this news with you, but I am told it gets less painful when I am able to share.
“So I come to you all broken, consumed by grief, unable to celebrate my recent wins and even push my latest single because, on Wednesday, July 14th 2021, death laid her cold hands over my dear mother and snatched her from us.
“My Angel, my backbone, my number one cheerleader, my everything. God, this is hard! Eiiii Maama Hmmmmm.”
In a solemn setting, the singer and her family organised a burial service at Transitions Funeral Home on September 4.
Sharing fondest memories of her mother, who was a National Fire Service officer.
The ‘Me and you’ crooner wrote, “My fond memory of her was always calling me on phone to sing for her Ooh. She was always yelling, “Are you a housefly? Sing louder, from your stomach[sic]”.
“I remember she taking me for one of my music auditions at Koforidua. Unfortunately, we had an accident. My mom didn’t flinch; rather, she made sure she took me to the place of the audition then later left with our driver to go sort out the accident issue. She put me first, and for that, I have always been grateful [sic].”
MadamMawusi Kofitse was buried in Kedzi in the Volta Region.
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Parliament determines Ken Ofori-Atta’s fate
- Restructuring Ghana’s Debt: Pay your taxes, reduce size of government – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi strengthens further against dollar; $1 now ¢13
- 2023 Budget: 4 key areas that received less allocation than National Cathedral
- Ofori-Atta’s censure motion: Our side didn’t take sitting allowances – Ablakwa
- Driver’s mate killed, 2 in critical condition in gory accident at Gomoa Dominase
- ‘Ajax is getting too small for Mohammed Kudus’ – Inaki Williams
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- Central Tongu MP pledges to support Mafi Anfoe youth to construct bungalow for teachers
- Expect prices of books to increase – GNAAP to schools and parents
- UG Parliament: Majority Caucus petitions Speaker over academic, residential fees increment
- Typhoid vaccine should complement WASH – Dr. Nsiah Asare
- You have to be a fisherman’s girlfriend to purchase his catch – Fish processors
- Censure motions are serious parliamentary business – Abu Jinapor
- KiDi to collaborate with Bollywood star on new track
- Suspension of road toll collection was not done legally – Sulemana Briamah
- Ghanaian adults prefer religious and traditional justice systems to formal one – GSS
- Improving rural education: A teacher is giving hope to pupils of Nkwantapong D/A Primary School
- Kumawood actor Okomfo Kolege tearfully announces wife’s burial date
- I am not prepared to fail – Prof. Addai-Mensah tells union executives at KATH
- Playback: PM Express business edition discuss market confidence risk and debt restructuring programme
- Censure motion will keep Ministers on their toes – Inusah Fuseini
- Qatar 2022: So close yet so far; Black Stars edition