Audio By Carbonatix
Six people have been found dead in a luxury Bangkok hotel after a suspected deliberate poisoning.
The three men and three women - four Vietnamese nationals and two Vietnamese Americans - were in a room locked from the inside.
There were no signs of a struggle and it's not being treated as a robbery.
Police chief Thiti Sangsawang said room service food was untouched but drinks had been consumed - with "unidentified substances" in the bottom of all six cups.
Four of the bodies were in the living room and two in the bedroom, he added.
They were found by a maid after one failed to check out.
The case is being treated as a likely murder rather than suicide, said Mr Sangsawang.
He said all the victims arrived at the Grand Hyatt Erwan Hotel on 13 and 14 July and were staying in five different rooms.
It's believed they could be related as their surnames are similar.

"We are tracing every step since they got off the plane," Mr Sangsawang told reporters.
However, one person appears to be unaccounted for as the rooms were initially booked for seven people.
Police are trying to check if that person entered Thailand.
Thailand's Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin visited the scene and told reporters the victims were found at around 4.30pm local time on Tuesday.
He said it was believed they had been dead for about 24 hours.
"From initial dead body inspection, the cause of dead could be from something they consumed," said Mr Thavisin.
The waiter who delivered the food to the room at around 1pm on Monday is being questioned.
Police said they were waiting for an embassy representative to go through the group's luggage, which had all been packed and taken to the room where they were found.
The US State Department said it was aware of reports that two of its citizens had died.
Latest Stories
-
Maison Yusif Fragrance showcases Africa’s organic fragrance power at BIOFACH Germany
13 minutes -
GoldBod suspends gold buying licence applications amid regulatory reforms
14 minutes -
GoldBod suspends selected gold buying licence applications ahead of regulatory reforms
15 minutes -
Police intercept large consignment of illicit drugs on Obuasi–Dunkwa highway
17 minutes -
One song, one voice: How ‘Aha Y3’ stole the night at Awake Experience 2026
18 minutes -
SEC flags ‘Mekanism’ as illegal investment scam promising daily returns
22 minutes -
Awake Experience 2026 ends in frenzied praise as Diana Hamilton delivers electrifying performance
24 minutes -
Attack on Ghanaian traders: West Africa must fight terrorism shoulder-to-shoulder – Bombande
25 minutes -
Kenya sets the tone as Global Tourism Resilience Conference opens in Nairobi
27 minutes -
Interior Minister’s engagement with Burkina Faso appropriate after attack – Bombande
32 minutes -
Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack on Ghanaian traders, calls for parliamentary inquiry
38 minutes -
Five arrested over tramadol haul; attempted GH¢50k bribe
39 minutes -
Fire engulfs building at Laterbiokoshie, fire service battles blaze
54 minutes -
Ivory Coast maintains GH¢3,600 equivalent per cocoa bag as Ghana reels from 28% emergency price cut
1 hour -
GFZA celebrates National Chocolate Week and highlights opportunities in cocoa sector
1 hour
