Social media users are torn between praising or condemning Brother Sammy for his recent track ‘Allahu Akbar.’
Brother Sammy’s ‘Allahu Akbar’ came at a time when the Muslim community are observing Ramadan.
The melody of the song is similar to that of ‘The Millennium Prayer’ by Cliff Richard. The difference is the tempo of the music and the lyrics.
In the video, Sammy was clad in a white robe – popularly called ‘Jalab’ or ‘Jalabia’.
He tied to his head, a white and red check-patterned Arabian scarf; with Islamic counting beads in his right hand.
Brother sammy just dropped this one— Nana Fapimso 👊 (@pnorvinyo_17) April 10, 2022
Ei..!! Hmm pic.twitter.com/1BFVJF5uyp
Some users on Twitter are wondering what a gospel artiste has got to do with the Islamic Region.
A section of the users believe Brother Sammy meant no harm in his latest track. Others laughed at the whole controversy.
In an exclusive interview with Doreen Avio on Monday, the ‘Nation Worshipper’ said his single “is a unity song.”
Citing the Holy Bible, he said: “United we stand, divided we fall. Unity is what we need here in Ghana. It doesn’t mean that because I am a gospel artiste, the Muslim is my enemy.”
- Bridget Otoo ties the knot at private ceremony
- Entrance exam saga: Your desire to be a lawyer doesn’t mean you have to become one – GBA President
- One Ghanaian delegate goes ‘missing’ after Commonwealth Games
- U20 Women’s World Cup: Ghana play Japan today in likely do-or-die mission
- Ga Mashie celebrates Homowo: Pictures and videos of the colourful festival
- Organisers of ‘Aduru wo so’ walk caution Nana B against suspending Alan Kyerematen
- Labianca case: GRA dissociates itself from Col. Damoah’s comments against Special Prosecutor
- GLC barring re-marking justified, argument against directive only emotional – GBA President
- ‘We promise to support you’ – Bawumia to Ga state at 2022 Homowo
- Dust disease: Are we doing enough to protect the population
Homowo is a beautiful festival – Bawumia
Investments constitute 40.5% of ¢200bn banking assets
UG, UCC win gold at 25th GUSA Cross-Country competition
4 teenagers set to change the African child’s prospects through reading
Juaben MCE promises to run an open-door administration
NDC Glasgow holds hybrid meeting, interacts with Ho West MP
Labianca case: GRA dissociates itself from Col. Damoah’s comments against Special Prosecutor
EOCO must take up Labianca case – Murtala Mohommed
KNUST law faculty holds maiden open day for SHS students
Monkeypox: Experts give virus variants new names
Nojeem Adetuberu: Tobacco harm reduction – That Africa is not left behind
Playback: The Probe discusses alleged rot at Tema habour & Labianca
Some lawyers have put their political parties’ interests ahead of the profession – GBA President
Stop buying refurbished gas cylinders from unscrupulous people – Fire Service warns
NPP flagbearership race: ‘The grassroots are yearning for Alan Kyerematen’ – Hopeson Adorye