Some users on social media are not pleased with the University Teachers Association of Ghana (UTAG)’s latest decision to call off its strike action.
The Association agreed to resume work following an emergency meeting with the National Labour Commission (NLC) and Employment and Labour Relations Ministry.
This was revealed in a statement sighted by JoyNews.
The association is to take steps to resume work whilst the Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations in conjunction with the National Labour Commission (NLC) take steps to discontinue all legal processes against the association.
But for some users on social media who appear to be students at the tertiary level, a called-off strike is no good news.
They say they are not ready to head back to school and prepare themselves for the final examination.
This is because academic work for students in the universities such as the University of Ghana, Legon and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) had been halted due to the strike action.
Below are more comments from Twitter:
Instead of you to stand and fight for better conditions of service, you run away because of small legal battle.— @Alkaline_ (@Boateng88807425) August 19, 2021
We students will demonstrate for UTAG
Me: Tomorrow I’m going home— Handsome jay tv (@Handsomejay11) August 19, 2021
So rydee as UTAG say dem resume no den no go biz we the students say we too we go resume anaa— Bizay Sarfo (@BizaySarfo) August 19, 2021
“Herh Utag” the boys don’t like reading hold your peace we still striking 😂😂 pic.twitter.com/hZ5cQ7Cjz5— fufu) two nam one (@DanielC54746031) August 19, 2021
Finally the winner is out😂😂 #utag #utv #ghana #funny #funnymemes #fight pic.twitter.com/wd3DW24bRg— nana yaw (@GhNanayaw96) August 19, 2021
UCC students after UTAG call off the strike😭😭💔 pic.twitter.com/0fH5PX1ki7— YawPhabMadussa1 (@YawPhab) August 19, 2021
Herhhh UTAG, you guys have done well. But please the end of semester exam for be minimal wai, we haven’t learnt ahiaaa. We beg— Pokello🎭 (@PokelloGH) August 19, 2021
Never trust, If you don’t agree just ask the unserious students😒😂💔Herr UTAG has scam us?— mr Henry!😉🪝 (@henrysday1) August 19, 2021
UTAG no be fam at all😂— DaDdY⚡👻 (@faustus_maale) August 19, 2021
Small play we dey play dem wan call off strike ei🤣#Gyakie pic.twitter.com/rWobN4V2XT
Watu ride aa, bra school 🏫 bra school na y33tw3n wo ooo slides na aboa no bebrebe yi…..y3 nkoaa ntumi nkan oooo— Omar Bondzie 😂 (@OmarBondzie) August 19, 2021
It’s not our fault that the strike took the examination weeks. Please you people should let us go home. Our brains are tired #freethestudents #UTAG— Robert Duncan (@RobertD12785189) August 19, 2021
Utag, why ?— Newton Joyhood (@NJoyhood) August 19, 2021
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- International Forest Day: Connecting with ‘greens’, how West Africa’s decimated forests save us
- Appointment of NPP activist to EC board dangerous for our democracy – Alex Segbefia
- AfCOPS President files nomination to contest Muntaka at Asawase constituency
- Full text: Mahama’s speech on political financing in Ghana delivered at UPSA
- Mahama calls for the intensification of stakeholder efforts, engagement on NACAP
- Mahama recommends public funding of political parties bill to regulate political financing
- Ghana Chamber of Mines censures Golden Star attacks, worried over upsurge of violence against mines
- Ex-President Kufuor urges his scholars to exhibit high levels of integrity
- Boris Johnson clashes with MPs over Partygate denials
- Bolt donates to 2 institutions as part of CSR activities
- North Dayi health directorate holds 2022 annual performance review meeting
- Livestream: PM Express discusses EC’s neutrality
- FWSC working on linking salary to productivity – Benjamin Arthur
- ECG doesn’t have means to prove power theft – Lawyer
- Endeavour to build quality homes – GREDA to members