It is about time we tell ourselves the bitter truth before things get out of hand. It is true that we painfully lost the 2020 general elections to our opponent, the NPP but it is never true that our MPs are the sole cause of our defeat.
It should be put on record that, some executives through their comments are gradually creating disaffection between our MPs and the party’s support base.
I, therefore, entreat party members to disregard any perception that seeks to project our honourable MPs as betraying the party especially with regards to the Appointments Committee work in Parliament.
Recently, a national executive openly warned our former flagbearer not to accept to be vaccinated with the Covid-19 AstraZeneca vaccine or action will be taken against him. This threat I find to be very disrespectful.
But unfortunately such developments are becoming too common within the party. If this attitude is not checked, it will negatively affect the party’s chance of victory in the 2024 elections.
Our gallant MPs need the co-operation and support of members to hold the party as they usually do whenever we are in opposition. It is only through this that the party can chalk another victory come 2024.
Comrades, this is not the time for any unnecessary blame game. Again, no one should try being a hero at the expense of party cohesion; that will be politically suicidal.
I humbly urge the party leadership to as a matter of urgency, put strong measures in place to crush this attitude among party executives to serve as a caution to party members.
Long live NDC
Long live Ghana
The writer, Solomon Nkansah is the former National Communications Officer for the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC)
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- College head found dead with husband and daughter
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Grammys 2023: Viola Davis becomes an EGOT
- Grammys 2023: Kim Petras and Sam Smith break record and other takeaways
- NPP Jaman South’s aggrieved members are the proponents of “skirt and blouse” – Constituency executives
- Asante Akim Central NPP calls for fresh polling station elections
- We’ve amicably resolved impasse over change in Minority Leadership – NDC Council of Elders
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- SMEs without certification could lose out on ACFTA benefits – Trade Ministry warns
- Playback: PM Express discuss DDEP and government’s trust deficit
- DDEP will get economy fully back on track – Ofori-Atta
- All set for Kwabena Kwabena’s ‘Vitamilk Love Night’ show on Feb. 11
- Non-participation in DDEP will prolong efforts to resolve current economic crisis – Ofori-Atta