Audio By Carbonatix
The son of Brazil legend, Cafu, has died aged 30 while playing football.
According to reports in Brazil, Danilo Feliciano de Moraes suffered a heart attack on Wednesday during a game of football with his friends.
Reportedly, Danilo complained of feeling unwell within 10 minutes of the match starting, and he was rushed to Sao Paulo’s Albert Einstein Hospital.
Paulo Sergio, a former team-mate and friend of Cafu’s, later confirmed Danilo’s passing.
Tributes were paid to Danilo, the eldest son of the 49-year-old former World Cup winner, including from his former clubs Sao Paulo and Palmeiras.
Danilo, wearing a white T-shirt, is pictured with his family earlier this year
Cafu is widely regarded as one of the finest full-backs in football history, having won 20 honours at club level and a further five on the international stage – including two World Cups.
“Sao Paulo Futebol Clube deeply regrets the death of Danilo, son of Cafu,” the former wrote on Twitter. “The club sympathizes and wishes the tricolor idol, family and friends a lot of strength.”Palmeiras added:
“The Palmeiras Sports Society mourns the death of Danilo, son of Cafu, and expresses condolences to the world champion and his family.”Real Madrid also offered their condolences on Twitter.
“El Real Madrid C. F. expresses its deep regret at the passing of Danilo, the son of Brazilian football legend @officialcafu,” the LaLiga club wrote. “The club wishes to convey its condolences to Cafu and his family and shares in his grief in these difficult moments.”As well as Danilo, Cafu had two further children whom he posed earlier this year for a picture shared on social media.
Danilo, wearing a white T-shirt, is pictured with his family earlier this year
Cafu is widely regarded as one of the finest full-backs in football history, having won 20 honours at club level and a further five on the international stage – including two World Cups.DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
1 hour -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
1 hour -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
2 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
2 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
2 hours -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
2 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
2 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
2 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
3 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
3 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
3 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
3 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
4 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
4 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
4 hours
