South African rapper AKA says “every day feels like a mountain to climb” in his first public message following the tragic death of his fiance Anele “Nelli” Tembe.
Twenty-two year old Nelli Tembe died after falling from the 10th floor of the Pepperclub Hotel in Central Cape Town on Sunday, April 11, 2021.
“I have lost the love of my life…and every day feels like a mountain to climb. I miss Anele, so much, and I’m heartbroken at the unfulfilled life we had planned together,” AKA, whose real name is Kiernan Jarryd Forbes, said in a statement shared on his Instagram page.
AKA said that the death of Anele has taken a great toll on him “emotionally and psychologically.”
He revealed that his team would be handling all his affairs including his social media platforms stating that he would be away from the limelight.
“Insinuations and innuendos made on my personhood have made it even more difficult to process and the strain our families have taken is unspeakable – which is why at this time I choose to retreat to honour my journey, praying that the moments of stillness may bring me closer to some clarity.”
AKA also thanked everyone for their “collective love and support” which has brought him “much comfort.”
“As we undergo this painful journey, I have entrusted my team to handle all of my affairs in the public domain, including all my social media platforms. Please respect our privacy as we go through our grieving process, and please continue to keep our families in your prayers,” the statement ended.
Nelli was buried in Durban on Friday, 16 April. Her funeral service was held at the Durban International Convention Centre. The service was also live-streamed on YouTube.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ashanti Region: Fire kills eight in first quarter of 2021