Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho remains Barcelona's number one target but the Spanish club are also weighing up a move for Monaco's Thomas Lemar.
The Spanish giants have had three bids for 25-year-old Coutinho turned down, the latest in the region of £114m.
Lemar, 21, is also a target for the Reds, who are preparing a £60m bid for the French midfielder.
Barcelona are also interested in Juventus forward Paulo Dybala, 23, who helped Juve win Serie A last season.
The English transfer window shuts at 23:00 BST on Thursday, 31 August with the Spanish deadline for buying players 24 hours later.
Barcelona had their potent forward partnership of Neymar, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi broken up earlier this month when Paris St-Germain lured Neymar away after paying the 222m euros release clause.
The La Liga giants completed the signing of forward Ousmane Dembele from Borussia Dortmund for £135.5m last week, but are hoping to bring in "one or two" more players before the window shuts.
Barcelona technical director Robert Fernandez said at the weekend: "I won't go into names but I admit that the club is working on the possibility of signing new players."
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations