Newly crowned WBO Bantamweight Champion, Isaac ‘Royal Storm’ Dogboe, a few days after returning home, paid a courtesy call on Silver Star Auto Ltd (SSAL), to present the title to the company.
Isaac Dogboe and his team from Rising Star Promotions were at the premises of the leading automobile dealer to acknowledge its continuous support.
Management members of SSAL led by the Chief Executive Officer, Mr Nouhad Kalmoni, welcomed Team Dogboe and congratulated him for winning the title from Mexico’s Jessie Magdaleno.
Dogboe, 23 churned out a masterful performance to knock down Jessie Magdaleno once in the fifth round and twice in the 11th round to win the WBO super bantamweight crown and becomes Ghana's eighth world boxing champion.
Mr Nouhad Kalmoni on behalf of SSAL congratulated Isaac Dogboe for making Ghana proud.
”Ghana has waited quite long for the next world champion and as a company, we never doubted your ability and exploits as we always see your team as a humble one who can achieve greater heights,” he said.
“Isaac Dogboe's ambition is to go through several weight categories and this title provides the pedestal for such opportunities” he added and expressed optimism that the hunger in Dogboe will spur him to become one of the world’s greatest boxers.
Mr Kalmoni noted was proud to be associated with boxing and as it has partnered Isaac Dogboe and the Rising Star Promotions Ghanaians should expect nothing but history in the making for the boxing fraternity.
Isaac Dogboe who was accompanied by his father and trainer Paul Dogboe and his team from the Rising Star Promotions seized the occasion to thank Ghanaians for the support and assured to continue training hard to bring more laurels.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations
- Uganda reach second straight Nations Cup
- AFCON 2019: Morocco and Mali qualify for Cameroon
- Photos: Prez Akufo-Addo surprises Black Stars in camp ahead of Ethiopia clash
- AWCON 2018: Four key players to watch
- U-17 WWC: Two straight wins for Ghana after hard-fought Finland victory
- Former 'Black Queens' players lead 2018 TOTAL AWCON Trophy tour in Accra
- Asante Kotoko policy analyst counts benefits of Soccerex exhibition
- Kenya loses CAS appeal over Women's Nations Cup exclusion
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls