Berekum Chelsea have withdrawn from the ongoing Normalisation Committee Special Cup following a temporary stadium ban.
The General manager Nana Kwame Nketiah informed Joy Sports about their decision.
According to him, the club have “nowhere to go”.
The Blues have been banned from using the Golden City Park following reports of violence in their goalless encounter with Asante Kotoko on Sunday.
The violence ensued before the game resulting in serious injuries to two Asante Kotoko officials.
Kotoko policy analyst Amo Sarpong, who is said to have fired gunshots, has also been handed a temporary ban by Ghana FA Normalisation Committee.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees
- CLUB 5 on 5 tournament: Eight teams set for final
- Gyan will not be captain despite President’s intervention- Head of Sports, Multimedia