Berekum Chelsea have withdrawn from the ongoing Normalisation Committee Special Cup following a temporary stadium ban.
The General manager Nana Kwame Nketiah informed Joy Sports about their decision.
According to him, the club have “nowhere to go”.
The Blues have been banned from using the Golden City Park following reports of violence in their goalless encounter with Asante Kotoko on Sunday.
The violence ensued before the game resulting in serious injuries to two Asante Kotoko officials.
Kotoko policy analyst Amo Sarpong, who is said to have fired gunshots, has also been handed a temporary ban by Ghana FA Normalisation Committee.
More Sports Headlines
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs
- Kroos piledriver helps Real Madrid win at Celta but Modric sees red
- Mane and Firmino give Liverpol win at Southampton
- Dortmund crush Augsburg to set title marker in season opener
- Lacazette and Aubameyang give Arsenal the edge over sturdy Burnley
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa
- Aduriz, 38, scores stunning goal as Athletic Bilbao beat Barcelona
- Coutinho set for Bayern Munich loan move
- Ghana's Patrick Twumasi joins Turkish club on loan
- Skyy FC owner unhappy with Normalisation Committee's draft statutes
- Andre Ayew focused on Swansea amid transfer rumours
- Liverpool goalie could miss Southampton game after pitch invader injured his ankle
- Hazard out of Madrid season opener with thigh injury