The maiden edition of the Joy FM Kids Olympics will open with Athletics this Saturday, 9 February at the St Anthony Anglican Church, adjacent Lincoln Community School in Abelemkpe.
Registered kids will participate in several sprint/running, jumping and throwing events.
Pupils are to report at the 9:30 am in any plain or single color T-shirt or preferably an athletics vest.
Head of Sports for the Multimedia Group Samuel Yirenkyi explains the choice of athletics to kick-start the multi-sport competition.
‘’Generally every sporting discipline, football, volley, table tennis we start by warming up so when we start with the athletics we believe we can get them [kids] to warm up themselves into the other disciplines that they will be participating in,’’ he said.
‘’We want to do the Athletics, the tracks. Because they are kids we want to manage the distance they do in terms of the tracks.
‘’It will be exciting; we want every child to come and participate. Parents should bring their wards and come and see the talents they exhibit.
‘’We want to catch them young and ensure we help identify the talents for the future.’’
Other two venues Lincoln and Ghana International School will host disciplines such as Tennis, Football, Table Tennis Basketball Swimming and Taekwondo on the 16 and 23 February 2019 respectively.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record
- Asensio nets late Real winner as Ajax left to rue VAR decision
- Tottenham stun Dortmund with magnificent second-half display
- CAF CC: Kotoko coach CK Akonnor happy after Zesco win
- CAF CC: Kotoko back on track with 2-1 win against Zesco
- Anthony Joshua to defend titles against Jarrel Miller
- Manchester United charged by Uefa after bottles thrown at Di María
- Icardi stripped of Inter Milan captaincy