Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited has announced the appointment of Ebenezer Twum Asante as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Bank effective 2nd May 2019.
Mr Twum Asante has over fifteen years progressive and diversified experience in leadership as an accomplished Senior Executive and Strategic Leader.
He was appointed Vice President (VP) of Southern & East Africa and Ghana (SEAGHA) Region of the MTN Group in October 2017.
He has oversight over nine (9) countries namely: Swaziland, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Ghana. As part of his duties as Vice President, he serves as a member on the MTN Group Executive Committee and Board representations for applicable MTN Group entities.
Prior to his appointment as VP of the SEAGHA Region, he was the CEO of MTN Ghana, a position he held from July 2015 to September 2017.
He served as CEO of MTN Rwanda before his appointment as CEO of MTN Ghana. For both operations, he was responsible for providing sound human resource leadership and ensuring financial and organizational profitability and sustainability of the operating units.
Before joining MTN Ghana, he spent 13 years with Unilever, where he held various positions, including Managing Director for Zambia, Customer Development Director and member of the Unilever Ghana Board.
He holds a BA (Hons) degree in Economics and Statistics from the University of Ghana, a Postgraduate Diploma in Management from Henley Management College and was part of MTN’s Global Advancement Programme (GAP) in 2010.
He has also participated in the Executive level and General Management development programmes at the Ashridge Business School (UK), Harvard and Insead (Paris).
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- Affail Monney apologises for alleging Caleb Kudah breached Code of Ethics
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Assin North MP’s case: Cape Coast High Court dismisses allegation of bias against presiding judge
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
Akufo-Addo opens talks with transport operators over plans to increase fares
Brian Dzansi: Why Ghana needs an Innovation and Startup Act
GIBA joins calls for independent inquiry on Citi FM journalists’ alleged assault
Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
Stop showing local feature films on TV – Filmmakers told
NCCE sensitizes security services on constitutional obligations
Kwabre East MP commends Muslim for peaceful co-existence
Evangelist slapped with ¢100K fine, 25 white fowls, eggs over comments against Nungua Traditional Council
Mere apology cannot save GJA President this time around – ASEPA
Lack of external support hinders progress of ODF interventions in Ashanti Region
Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
Kojo Adaah: Is the Ghanaian politician under siege?
Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Be firm in your stance to settle Dixcove dispute – Chieftaincy Minister urges Ahanta King
Ban use of mercury in small-scale mining – Asantehene