The CEO of Standard Chartered Bank, Jersey, UK has enumerated a few tips for making a good team leader.
Mr. Henry Baye said a leader can have as many qualities as possible but must have these.
He christened the attributes as HIPI.
He revealed this in an interview with the CEO Today Magazine.
According to Henry Baye, the “H” stands for heart.
He said, “Be true to yourself, authentic, humble, and have a heart full of love for your people, seeking their growth with a passion.”
The “I” he said stands for inspire.
He explained that for one to be a good CEO or leader, he or she must be able to offer unending guidance to his team members.
“Be visible and inspirational in guiding the teams towards success. Learn to tell the stories that have an impact and celebrate great work unashamedly.”
Mr. Baye said the “P” means paint.
He said a good leader must be able to paint the future of the organization to the team.
“You must be a good painter. Paint a compelling picture of what you all can aspire to together, and do not be afraid to aspire to do it. Nobody gets arrested for aspiring. It is when you don’t do anything that there is a problem.”
Finally, the International Banking Leader of the Year explained that the last “I” stands for invisible.
He said every leader must credit his team after a good work is done.
“Give back all the credit to your teams and then you achieve success. You actually become more viable that way.”
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Harm Reduction Alliance-Ghana urges government to adopt Sweden’s approach towards a Tobacco-free society
- France influencers: Jail threat for those found flouting new ad laws
- Taylor Swift fans report ‘amnesia’ following Eras show
- Finance Minister reaffirms government commitment to economic stability to MTN Group investors
- Twitter boss Elon Musk reclaims title of world’s richest person
- US President Joe Biden trips and falls at Colorado event
- Woman jailed 2 months for stealing GH¢4,600
- Some illegal miners went back into AngloGold Ashanti’s shaft after being rescued – Martin Ayisi
- WMO appoints first female Secretary-General
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- I didn’t go for my curvy body to entice men – TikToker Aba Dope
- Your foreign tours will never be cancelled if you involve us – Alordia to Ghanaian artistes
- Gonja-Mamprusi clash: Security personnel deployed to restore calm
- Adjetey Anang to mark 50th birthday with movie, memoir, health foundation
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba