A second-year senior high school student is battling for his life after he was allegedly shot at close range by some police officers at Krobo near Techiman in the Bono East Region.
Obeng Emmanuel, 18, has been on oxygen at the Holy Family Hospital to aid his breathing as he sustained a gunshot wound on the chest.
According to the police, they received a call at 12: 05 am on Sunday telling them that some police personnel had gunned down an individual at Krobo and has been rushed to the hospital.
Upon arrival at the Holy Family Hospital, the Deputy Regional Commander with other officers met Emmanuel Obeng at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) being attended to by a medical team.
The team also met one Owusu Samuel together with some relatives of the victim.
The police noted from their investigations they got to know that both Constable Owusu Mensah Dominic Amankona who were on motorbike patrols were attacked and pelted with stones upon reaching Krobo.
In an attempt to defend themselves and escape, they fired warning shots which resulted in Emmanuel Obeng being hit on the shoulder.
But a relative of the victim is disputing the claim by the police.
According to him, no one pelted the police officers with stones as the cops are claiming.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ashanti Region: Fire kills eight in first quarter of 2021
Power outages in parts of Accra to last 8 days – ECG, GRIDCO