A second-year senior high school student is battling for his life after he was allegedly shot at close range by some police officers at Krobo near Techiman in the Bono East Region.
Obeng Emmanuel, 18, has been on oxygen at the Holy Family Hospital to aid his breathing as he sustained a gunshot wound on the chest.
According to the police, they received a call at 12: 05 am on Sunday telling them that some police personnel had gunned down an individual at Krobo and has been rushed to the hospital.
Upon arrival at the Holy Family Hospital, the Deputy Regional Commander with other officers met Emmanuel Obeng at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) being attended to by a medical team.
The team also met one Owusu Samuel together with some relatives of the victim.
The police noted from their investigations they got to know that both Constable Owusu Mensah Dominic Amankona who were on motorbike patrols were attacked and pelted with stones upon reaching Krobo.
In an attempt to defend themselves and escape, they fired warning shots which resulted in Emmanuel Obeng being hit on the shoulder.
But a relative of the victim is disputing the claim by the police.
According to him, no one pelted the police officers with stones as the cops are claiming.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- 14-yrs after former IGP Kudalor’s bodyguard ‘vanished’, his mother seeks closure
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Prudential Life Insurance targets informal sector with ‘Mekakrawa’ insurance policy
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Black Stars face USA in friendly on October 17
- US Ambassador to Malta pays courtesy call on Ghana’s High Commissioner to Malta, Barbara Benisa
- Authorities must probe Gomoa Okyereko accident to prevent future occurrences – Afenyo-Markin
- My husband thinks I ‘tricked him into marriage’ because I postponed our baby plans to take a 6-figure job
- NDC has rolled out plans to retain Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande
- Mother-in-law interrupts gender reveal to hug son before he can congratulate his pregnant wife
- AngloGold incident: 52 illegal miners out of underground mine
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium