Audio By Carbonatix
A system analyst has been put before an Accra Circuit Court for allegedly stealing ¢341,233 belonging to Star Holiday Travel and Tour.
Charged with stealing, Diamond Dzokoto, pleaded not guilty.
The police said Diamond Dzokoto had refunded ¢140,000 and same had been handed over to the complainant.
The Court presided over by Mrs Rosemary Baah Tosu has admitted Dzokoto to bail in the sum of ¢200,000 with two sureties.
It also ordered the accused person to be reporting to the Police once a week.
The matter has been adjourned to December 13.
Chief Inspector Isaac Anquandah told the court that the complainant (name withheld) was a representative of Holiday Travel and Tours.
The prosecution said the accused was a former employee of Travel Port and he resided at Ashaiman, Zenu.
It said in April 2021 the accused had contacted the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Star Holiday Travel and Tours, Mr Stephen Aboagye, where the complainant worked, saying he (the accused) wanted to merge his company and issue flight tickets through his portal to some agents.
The prosecution said both parties agreed on the grounds that the accused would issue tickets for two weeks and prepare an invoice per the number of tickets issued within the period and make payment into the account of Star Holiday Travel and Tours.
It said later, the complainant and CEO of Star Holiday Travel and Tours detected that the proceeds of the tickets sold did not correspond with the accounts of the money in his company’s account.
The prosecution said the complainant and CEO called the accused and questioned him about the anomaly, but he could not offer any explanation.
In August 2021, the CEO conducted another forensic audit and detected that the ticket amounting to ¢341,233 had been issued and sold out without his consent and approval.
The prosecution said the CEO, therefore, stopped the accused from using his portal to issue flight tickets.
A report was made to the police and the accused person was arrested.
During investigations, the accused in his caution statement admitted the offence and refunded ¢140,000 to the police and same was handed over to the complainant.
Latest Stories
-
AGTC: How women-led initiative is turning golf into jobs and tourism opportunities
3 minutes -
Exporters call for single-digit interest rates to boost Ghana’s horticulture sector
7 minutes -
Young political leaders must look beyond party lines to strengthen Ghana’s democracy – EU
12 minutes -
25 female KNUST physics students receive GH¢87,500 Whittaker Foundation suppo
14 minutes -
Berekuso-Kwabenya-Kitase road project stalls as First Sky cites unsigned contract and funding challenges
17 minutes -
Interior Ministry urges strict enforcement of Armoured Bullion Vehicle standards in Ghana
19 minutes -
GNFS rescues trapped man after Ford F-150 crashes into Kia Rio at Suhum Niifio
21 minutes -
Firefighters need stronger protection from smoke, air pollution risks – Clean Air Fund
22 minutes -
Constitution guarantees speedy trials for all cases, not selected ones — Kpemka tells Deputy AG
22 minutes -
Hostel operators warn Rent Control action could worsen accommodation shortage at KNUST
24 minutes -
Fire Service equipment shortage persists as some appliances go 15 years without replacement
25 minutes -
Guinness Ghana DJ Awards 2026 nationwide tour kicks off in Winneba
27 minutes -
Afenyo-Markin accuses GoldBod management of ‘crass incompetence’ over alleged losses
27 minutes -
Livestream: National Mining Dialogue 2026 underway
36 minutes -
Small arms amnesty campaign boosts surrender, regularisation of weapons in Ashanti Region
43 minutes