The planned takeover of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) by the Power Distribution Services (PDS) Ghana Ltd has been postponed, a statement from the Millennium Development Authority (MiDA) has said.
Power Distribution Services (PDS) Ghana Ltd was expected to take over the operations of ECG effective February 1, 2019.
“MiDA is confident that the transfer will occur in the next few weeks. The Board approved an extension of time to allow the Parties and Stakeholders, namely Government of Ghana (GoG), ECG and PDS, to conclude their Consultations and finalize work on some critical aspects of the Transaction, in order to facilitate a smooth transfer,” the statement said.
According to the statement, “MiDA will announce a new Transfer Date in early February.”
Planned turnaround of ECG
Power Distribution Service promised some massive turnaround of ECG when they finally take over.
PDS is expected to invest over ¢500 million in ECG.
The Millennium Development Authority has indicated there are clauses in the concession that would result in the “agreement” being reviewed every five years, that is if, they are not able to meet the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) under the concession.
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
Tema meeting doesn’t conflict with NDC retreat – Kunbour
500 Covid-19 vaccines expire due to low patronage in some regions
Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
Afienya, Ashaiman, Katamanso and other areas in Accra to have interrupted supply – Water Company
2 drug traffickers excrete 191 pellets of cocaine, heroin at Nigerian airport
Japan Motors launches New Nissan Sunny in Ghana
Security man in trouble for allegedly defiling 4-year-old girl
NIC commends Allianz Insurance and UBA on bancassurance partnership
WHO data shows taking vaccines 12 weeks after first dose more potent – Dr Kwame Amponsah-Achiano
Landlords who demand over 6 months rent advance from tenants could be jailed – Rent Control
2021 global food policy report: Rebuilding food systems after Covid-19
Dr Theresa Mannah-Blankson and Haruna Alhassan: Ghana’s post-pandemic Eurobond ‘success’
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus