The 10 staff of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) who came into contact with the three Covid-19 patients at the hospital, have tested negative.
A memo from the medical director of the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research (KCCR) to all staff of the KATH said, samples were taken from the doctor, seven nurses and two mortuary attendants.
“They all came back negative,” the memo said.
Staff of the hospital were further urged to make judicious use of the personal protective equipment available to them.
Two persons who were being treated for the dreaded Covid-19 at KATH have since died but the third patient is responding to treatment, the memo added.Ghana’s case count, meanwhile stands at 152, five deaths and 31 recoveries.
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- We will no longer be paying ¢0.50 and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister hints at increase
- Waterstone Realty Ltd sues government for $4.7m over National Cathedral project
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- Phones in the right hand, books in the left – WASSCE vs mobile phones
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- Self-styled soldier arrested over recruitment scam
- Malaria deaths stabilise amid concerns about treatment – WHO
- Cedi strengthens further against dollar; $1 now ¢13
- World Cup 2022: Spain boss Luis Enrique leaves role after last-16 exit
- FIFA World Cup hat-tricks: All the facts since 1930
- Silver Star promises to excite clients with value-for-money driving experience
- The call that changed two Bolt drivers’ lives: Hard work does indeed pay
- Ofori-Atta’s censure motion: Our side didn’t take sitting allowances – Ablakwa
- Elon Musk turns Twitter into ‘hotel’ for staff
- ‘I’ve been spat at in the face for the colour of my skin’
- Germany arrests 25 accused of plotting coup
- SA minister calls on president to resign over scandal
- Kenyan athlete receives Olympic medal 10 years late
- Nigerian star D’banj arrested for youth fund fraud
- Trades Minister celebrates Free Zones Authority, calls for export driven industrialisation
- WhatsApp is adding official support for Meta’s Bitmoji-style avatars