Audio By Carbonatix
Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry will not return to the New York Red Bulls in 2015. Henry revealed that he has left the New York Red Bulls after four and half years with the MLS club and he has played his last match on Saturday.
According to media reports, Frenchman Henry said, “I am taking this opportunity to announce that unfortunately Saturday was my last game for the New York Red Bulls. I have immensely enjoyed my four and half years here and would like to thank everyone involved with this club who has made my time here so enjoyable. I'll take the next few weeks to decide on the next chapter of my career”.
Reportedly, The Red Bulls general manager, Marc de Grandpre said in a statement, “On behalf of the New York Red Bulls I would like to thank Thierry Henry for the incredible impact he has made on both our organization and the American soccer community as a whole”.
“He is truly one of the all-time great talents and will forever hold a special place within the organization’s history. We wish Thierry all the best for his future”’ he added.
From a league perspective, Henry was named an MLS All-Star four times (2011-2014) and led the team in 2013. Henry had been signed for the Red Bulls in July 2010. In total, he scored 51 goals in 122 appearances for the team. Previously, Henry has played for Arsenal from 1999-2007 and then joined to Barcelona from 2007-2010.
Latest Stories
-
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
4 minutes -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
17 minutes -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
21 minutes -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
28 minutes -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
1 hour -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
2 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
2 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
2 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
2 hours -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
2 hours -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
2 hours -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
3 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
4 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
4 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
4 hours