The Chinese owner of TikTok has until 15 September and not a day longer to find an American buyer for the video-sharing app or face being banned in the US, according to President Donald Trump.
“There will be no extension of the TikTok deadline,” Mr Trump said.
The president has given the Chinese owner of the app, ByteDance, 45 days to sell it.
TikTok declined to comment on Mr Trump’s statement.
If ByteDance doesn’t sell the app, then US firms will be barred from doing business with it after the deadline has elapsed.
“We’ll see what happens. It’ll either be closed up or they’ll sell it,” said Mr Trump on Thursday, when explaining that the deadline would not be pushed back.
According to Mr Trump, TikTok and other Chinese apps that collect data on US citizens pose a national security threat.
TikTok had previously said it was “shocked” by the prospect of a ban.
It has launched a legal challenge.
ByteDance also faces restrictions on selling its assets to firms outside China, which further complicates the sale of TikTok.
Among the firms known to have expressed interest in buying TikTok are Microsoft and US retail giant Walmart.
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer
23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals