Joseph Amoah gained automatic qualification to the semi-finals of the men’s 200m event after finishing third in Heat 7.
The Ghanaian sprinter crossed the line with a time of 20.35s, behind USA’s Noah Lyles and Eswatini’s S. Masenjwa, who finished first and second respectively.
The semi-final takes place on Tuesday August 3 at 11:50GMT as Amoah will hope to qualify for Ghana’s first ever appearance in the final of the 200m event at any Olympic Games.
Coppin State University student will run in Heat 1 alongside favorites Erriyon Knighton, Nigeria’s Divine Oduduru and Rasheed Dwyer.
The top two from each Heat will automatically progress to the final and will be joined by the two fastest losers.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- My loss to Manny Pacquiao was deliberate – Joshua Clottey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Government unlikely to pay ¢4.185bn 5-year bond maturing on February 6, 2023
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- SMEs without certification could lose out on ACFTA benefits – Trade Ministry warns
- Livestream: PM Express discusses DDEP and government’s trust deficit
- All set for Kwabena Kwabena’s ‘Vitamilk Love Night’ show on Feb. 11
- Non-participation in DDEP will prolong efforts to resolve current economic crisis – Ofori-Atta
- If you want to get the best out of your employee, compensate them – HR Instructor advises employers
- Sign up for debt exchange ahead of deadline – Ofori-Atta counsels bondholders
- Joy Entertainment Unpacked: Highlighting Guiltybeatz’s Grammys recognition
- DDEP will bring economic stability and growth – Finance Minister
- Ankaful inmates get medical supplies from Tobinco Pharmaceuticals
- Suame traders fume; resist planned demolition of market
- Jesse Morgan recruits Celestine Donkor for inspiring single, Wataban (Wings of God)
- Diaspora Girls’ Senior High School launches 20th anniversary celebration
- Legendary Agya Koo Nimo celebrated by Judahland Empire
- Italian-based Ghanaian on holidays allegedly murdered by neighbour