Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou has agreed to become Tottenham’s new manager on a two-year contract.
The Australian, 57, has just finished his second season at Celtic, leading them to the Scottish title both years and the domestic treble this term.
Spurs have been looking for a new manager since Antonio Conte’s exit in March, with Cristian Stellini and then Ryan Mason taking interim charge.
The final elements of the deal are being finalised before an announcement.
Athens-born Postecoglou’s only experience in Europe before joining Celtic in 2021 had been a spell in charge of Greek lower league side Panachaiki in 2008.
He has won the Australian title with South Melbourne and Brisbane Roar, Japan’s top flight with Yokohama F Marinos and also led the Australian national team to victory at the 2015 Asian Cup.
Postecoglou takes over a Tottenham side who finished eighth in the Premier League and face a first season without European football since 2009-10.
He becomes the London side’s fourth permanent boss, after Jose Mourinho, Nuno Espirito Santo and Conte, since the sacking of Mauricio Pochettino in 2019.
Postecoglou has won five trophies from a possible six since arriving in Scotland in the summer of 2021, re-establishing Celtic as the dominant force in the country.
He admitted he was seen as a “joke” when he took over, with Celtic having just finished 25 points behind Rangers.
But he becomes one of only five managers – along with Jock Stein, Martin O’Neill, Brendan Rodgers and Neil Lennon – to secure a domestic clean sweep for Celtic.
- Kwahu-Nkwatia Nkosuohene receives peace ambassador award
- Ghana’s wake-up call to the 2023 SDG Summit: The urgent need to double-up efforts for Agenda 2030
- National anthem fills the air as police blocks #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors again
- We truly voted for a dictator – Efia Odo on #OccupyJulorBiHouse arrests
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Celebrities should stop being cowards and show up – Efia Odo
- Why Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge chose the Berlin Marathon to prepare for the Paris Olympics
- Vodafone Director calls on SMEs to seize opportunities at upcoming Business Runway event
- FIFA and United Nations Industrial Development Organization meet to discuss collaboration opportunities
- Fuse ODG gets romantic in new single; releases ‘3eak a.m (Waistline)’
- Kotoko is building, so fans should be patient and support – Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu
- ‘Cannabis muffins’ given to 90 schoolchildren in South Africa
- Limited Voter Registration: EC assures all eligible voters will be registered
- Ghana’s economy not yet on a recovery path – Prof. Mensah insists
- Over 5,000 people benefit from free health screening by Lifetime Wells Vision
- We needed someone to get us goals, and Mohammed Kudus did – West Ham boss David Moyes