One of the children who lost his life in the attack was among the three victims confirmed dead.
Audio By Carbonatix
Unidentified gunmen on Sunday, October 26, attacked a family residence in Binduri in the Upper East Region, killing three people and injuring two others.
Among the victims were two children and three adults. The children and one of the adults were confirmed dead.
Eyewitnesses said the attack occurred late in the evening, leaving the community in shock and deep sorrow.
One of the injured has been identified as George Bukari, manager of Binduri-based Maxx Empire Radio and TV.
He and the fifth victim were rushed to hospital for medical treatment.
Local sources believe the assault may be connected to the renewed outbreak of the long-standing Bawku conflict, which has resurfaced earlier this year.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her
46 minutes -
Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK
56 minutes -
Ghana’s output expansion largely driven by labour, capital rather than innovation – Opoku-Afari
58 minutes -
Ghana is ready for nuclear power adoption – Gov’t affirms
1 hour -
GJA@77: Media-government partnership vital to Ghana’s democracy – Shamima Muslim
1 hour -
LUV FM High School Debate: Opoku Ware and St. Hubert Seminary book quarterfinal spots
1 hour -
Stronger research, industry linkages needed to build a competitive digital economy – Deloitte Technology Senior Manager
1 hour -
Economy experience high but unbalanced growth from mid-2000 to 2022 debt crisis – Former 1st Deputy Governor
2 hours -
Tell Your Story: Political, business and industry leaders to share journey with young Ghanaians
2 hours -
‘Gold cannot save you at 2am’ – Obuobia Darko challenges mining giants to invest in healthcare
2 hours -
Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave
2 hours -
Eurobond borrowings over 2007-2021 used for budget financing; Ghana borrowed US$15.59bn – Opoku-Afari
2 hours -
Newborn baby found in dustbin at Kasoa Main Station toilet
2 hours -
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
3 hours -
Ho Communique: Democracy Not for Sale
3 hours