Audio By Carbonatix
The Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for Ejura Sekyeredumase in the Ashanti region, has refuted speculations that the two suspects arrested in connection with the murder of Ibrahim Mohammed, are his bodyguards.
The suspects, Ibrahim Issaka and Fuseini Alhassan, who are in Police custody, are alleged to be bodyguards of the MCE, Mohammed Salisu Bamba.
However, testifying before the Three-Member-Committee probing the Ejura incident, Mohammed Salisu Bamba denied them.
"No, not at all," he said when asked whether the two suspects are his bodyguards.
He said, “the two gentlemen are our party members and they are our polling station executives, and as Chief Executive and Parliamentary candidate, definitely I will have a relation with all my party people on the ground."
According to him, “some faceless individuals” are behind the allegation, trying to use the death of Kaaka for their parochial interests.
The late Kaaka was killed late last month for reasons unknown, however, some people have attributed it to his role in the #FixTheCountry campaign.
The killing of Ibrahim Mohammed, aka Kaaka, resulted in a protest by some youth of Ejura, two of whom were killed in a clash with military personnel.
Mohammed Salisu confirmed speculations that the late Kaaka was a member of the NPP.
“I wouldn’t be able to say whether he has a party card or not but he was a strong member who also comes around when there is anything just like the other two suspects,” he told the Committee.
Mr Salisu Bamba who was out of Ejura during the disturbances, said his absence was based on security advice.
“Actually, I was going to Ejura in the afternoon, then I had a call that I’m advised not to come to Ejura. Then I tried to find out why and then [I was told] that it was for my own security that is why I am advised not to come to Ejura,” he said.
The MCE stated that he had no hand in Kaaka's death.
Latest Stories
-
BECE examination malpractices: Is there an end in sight?
6 minutes -
We’re not in Geneva to mourn aid cuts but to build health sovereignty — Mahama at 79th World Health Assembly
8 minutes -
Mahama calls for African ‘health sovereignty’ as global aid declines
14 minutes -
Africa cannot claim health sovereignty while producing less than 1% of vaccines — Mahama
19 minutes -
BoG undertakes new measures to strengthen financial sector – Second Deputy Governor
19 minutes -
The ‘forgotten Ghanaian fugitive with American and Ghanaian passports
26 minutes -
US aid suspension costs Ghana $78m, Mahama tells World Health Assembly
28 minutes -
Mahama touts Ghana’s free primary healthcare programme at World Health Assembly
36 minutes -
Africa must take control of its health future — Mahama
39 minutes -
Ghana on alert following Ebola outbreak in Uganda and DR Congo – Ministry of Health
48 minutes -
Mahama urges reforms to global health architecture at 79th World Health Assembly
48 minutes -
They were losing 4-0 as hosts. They won the whole tournament
57 minutes -
Health Ministry cautions public against spreading misinformation over Ebola outbreak in DR Congo
1 hour -
Security agencies engage Akyeode community to maintain calm after Nkwanta incident
1 hour -
Today’s front pages: Monday, May 18, 2026
1 hour