The University of Ghana’s Health Service has issued a health alert to students and staff concerning a surge in suspected cases of measles across the country.
Also two cases of rubella have been confirmed in the Greater Accra Region.
This is based on information sourced from the Ghana Health Service.
“The University Health Services (UHS) is therefore bringing this information to the attention of the University Community so that students and staff will be on the lookout for possible cases and refer them immediately to the hospital for appropriate care and management,” the Director of the University Health Service, Dr. Mark Frempong stated in a press release.
The symptoms of measles are dry cough, running nose, sore throat, inflamed eyes (conjunctivitis), kopliks’ spots and skin rash.
For rubella, infected persons will experience sore throat, fever, headache, conjunctivitis, swollen lymph in the neck and a cough.
“Please report any suspected cases immediately to the University Hospital or the nearest health facility,” the University advised.
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- How changes in the small-scale mining sector are impacting the environment
- Deputy Finance Minister pleads with Pensioner Bondholders to suspend picketing
- Joy Clean Ghana: Two arrested for breaching sanitation by-laws
- Domelevo’s forced leave: You didn’t listen to good counsel – Prof Gyampo tells Akufo-Addo
- 87 illegal miners who invaded AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine rescued
- The goddess that once walked among us; eulogy to the great Ama Ata Aidoo
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Answering the call: Traditional rulers and climate action
- Bono GES Directorate to establish ‘sanitary bank’ for deprived school girls
- Your inauguration presents an opportunity to reset Nigerian narrative – Mahama tells Tinubu
- Court remands Director of JC Logistics over an alleged false cheque
- Media Personality Sixtus Dong Ullo runs for Law School Presidency
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- WAFU B Girls’ Cup: I need to work on their finishing – Yusif Basigi on Black Princesses team
- Banking sector faces rising risk to asset quality, capital buffers – Report