Following the outbreak of the coronavirus in the country, Unilever Ghana has increased its awareness creation on how to curb the spread of the virus.
Being one of the largest producer and retailer of consumer goods the company has been advocating educational campaigns at lorry stations in the country to encourage handwashing habit.
Before Ghana recorded its first Covid-19 case, Unilever through its flagship anti-germ soap Lifebuoy reached 12,000 people in churches.
The company was teaching the congregation the importance of handwashing as well as giving free Lifebuoy soaps as part of its social responsibility.
Following the outbreak of the virus in the country, the brand has increased its awareness creation on the virus and been advocating educational campaigns at lorry stations in the country to encourage handwashing habit.
Lifebuoy has placed self-serviced hand washing hygiene stations at some lorry stations to enable the public to wash their hands thoroughly before and after boarding a bus.
Again, free Lifebuoy soap is given to anyone who washes his hands at these centres.
Communication on the steps in proper handwashing is also available at these centres and on the bus.
The key message is for the public to wash their hands frequently with soap and under running water.
So far, about 56,000 Ghanaians have gotten the opportunity to wash their hands- a habit that will continue to be part of them.
Unilever has implored Ghanaians to endeavour to adhere to the safety and health protocols outlined and announced by government and to commit at a personal level, to keep safe always.
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- NRSA petitions MTTD to investigate Cocobod vehicle that broke traffic regulations
- Kuami Eugene reacts after KiDi said his communication is poor
- Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- Kuami Eugene describes critics of his attire during Range Rover presentation as shallow
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
Idriss Déby: End of Chad’s ‘Great Survivor’
Positive portrayal of women in arts is everyone’s responsibility
There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about him
Notorious counterfeit baron arrested at Gomoa Buduburam
Tonto Dikeh urges others to sign petition to get Akuapem Poloo pardoned
Estate developer dragged to court for supplying untreated water
Court rejects bail application of business executive held over spousal murder
KMA to offer support to Kumasi Central market fire victims
I almost quit music – Amakye Dede
What I learned when my ex-boyfriend dumped me on Valentine’s Day
Bare with us concerning ‘dumsor’ timetable – GRIDCo
The moment society taught me what it meant to be a woman
Government is expanding TVET education to increase enrollment – Kumawu MP
Volta Region records 137 road crashes in first quarter of 2021
Joe Ghartey missed out on ministerial appointment due to his flagbearer ambition – Ben Ephson