The University of Ghana School of law has emerged the 1st runners up in the 2020 African Moot Court Competition.
In the competition which brought together 31 other Law Faculties on the African continent, the Law School also won the Best Memorial for the competition.
Represented by Kweku Apraku Agyepong and Maureen Kyere, the contestants successfully put their school on the map.
The best oralist category was awarded to Kweku Agyepong.
It would be recalled that earlier this year in Thailand, the same duo won first and third at the World Public Speaking Championships.
The All Africa Moot Court Competition is a tournament that brings students across the African Continent to simulate the court processes of the African Court of Human and People’s Rights.
The issues argued upon bordered on human rights issues arising from the African Human Rights Charter.
This year’s rounds were hosted by the Universite Virtuelle de Senegal and the University of Pretoria. It is the largest gathering of students around the theme of human rights in Africa.
Next year’s competition will be hosted in Stellenbosch, South Africa and is expected to see the University of Ghana ably represented.
- Who is Kelvin Taylor? – Yvonne Nelson quizzes
- 2 Nigerians arrested for attempting to kidnap a 5-year-old child
- Cheddar’s Tigers are well secured – Forestry Commission
- Tension simmers at UEW as Governing Council Chairman directs Registrar to proceed on leave
- I took tramadol for confidence to approach my crush; I nearly died – 24-year-old man
- What the law says about keeping wild animals like tigers as pets in Ghana
- Ghana’s public debt hits ¢391bn as of quarter 1, 2022
- GFA at final stages to maintain quartet as technical team – Prosper Harrison Addo
- Accra Academy’s quest for 2022 NSMQ conquest receives massive KiDi boost
- Eastern Regional Security Council disclaims video on alleged ritual murder
80 monkeypox cases confirmed in 12 countries
PPP’s Brigitte Dzogbenuku outlines ‘5 fundamental changes’ to improve Ghana’s constitution
Ghanaians frustrated by non-existent checks and balances between Parliament and Executive – H Kwasi Prempeh
Party card has become more powerful and valuable than Ghana Card – H. Kwasi Prempeh
Agric Ministry directs MMDAs to enforce temporary ban on export of grains
Weekly wrap: Tension in Nkoranza, protest of unemployed nurses and Achimota forest saga
‘A minister gave Cheddar licence to import his tigers’ – Barker-Vormawor claims
Euroget’s hospitals; the story so far
Livestream: Newsfile discusses impacting-influence topics for a better Ghana
Average lending rate rises to 21.6% in April 2022 – BoG
Mobile Money transactions register 9.99% year-on-year growth in 4-months of 2022
VRA bares teeth at Sentuo Steel over pollution
Court orders lawyer of Josephine Panyin to file her witness statement
Ghana’s public debt hits ¢391bn as of quarter 1, 2022
Mariupol: Russia declares complete victory at Azovstal plant