A 26-year-old level 400 student of the University of Professional Studies, UPSA, has been arrested by the Akyem-Oda police for threatening to kill all his family members.
According to JoyNews sources, Benjamin Asihene claims he is being bewitched by his family.
He unleashed threatened them when he chased them out of their two-storey building at Akyem Oda with a pistol.
Public Relations Officer of the Eastern Regional Police Command, DSP Ebenezer Tetteh who confirmed his arrest said his team was alerted of the incident on Monday dawn.
“At about 12:48 am, police had information about a man armed with a pistol on a storey building on Oda town threatening to shoot people at the scene around the total filing station.
“Police saw a bare-chested young man wielding a black pistol and standing on the corridor of the last floor of the two-storey family house in Oda.
“He was said to have threatened to kill all his family members. So the family members vacated and called for help,” the Police said.
According to him, the suspect succumbed by removing the magazine and dropping the pistol after the police fired several warning shots.
DSP Tetteh said Benjamin refused to come down unless he saw his girlfriend, a fetish priest and his sister living in Accra.
He, however, walked down after one of his brothers persuaded him.
DSP Ebenezer Tetteh said preliminary investigations indicate that the suspect came from Accra six months ago and has since not returned to school.
The police PRO stated the suspect will be likely sent to a psychiatry after family members claim he has been suffering from unstable mental condition.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- The 3 MPs who missed out on voting during approval of ministerial nominees
- Tems, Wizkid win at iHeart Radio Awards
- Speaker Alban Bagbin installed new sub-Chief of Awudome
- Employment Ministry cautions public against recruitment scam
- Angélique Kidjo says the Grammys ‘need diversity’
- Billionaire’s son admits role in death to BBC
- Livestream: Kamala Harris addresses Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- VGMA 2023: Kwabena Kwabena didn’t file for nominations – Manager
- US partnership with Africa is for mutual benefits – Kamala Harris
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Ecozoil educates Azizanya community on importance of life jackets
- Creed III actor Jonathan Majors charged with assault and harassment
- Cape Coast residents upbeat about Kamala Harris’ visit
- ICGC commended for sustained effort in bringing mental health issues to spotlight
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Kamala Harris meets Ghanaian creatives in Accra