The United States, Norway, Britain and the European Union have warned the Sudanese military against appointing their own prime minister, saying it would risk plunging the nation into conflict.
The countries said they would not support a prime minister or government appointed without the involvement of a broad range of civilian stakeholders.
The former prime minister, Abdalla Hamdok, resigned on Sunday amid a political deadlock and widespread protests resulting from October’s military coup.
The Western countries again voiced alarm at the military’s actions against protesters – more than 50 have been killed since the coup.
On Tuesday in several cities, security forces fired tear gas to disperse large crowds demonstrating against military rule.
- 2023/24 GPL: Eric Bosomtwi stunner for GolStars beat Asante Kotoko to first defeat
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola