Audio By Carbonatix
Kobe Bryant‘s widow is “absolutely devastated” that sheriff’s deputies allegedly shared graphic photos of the chopper crash that killed her husband and daughter, her lawyer said Sunday — demanding the “harshest possible discipline” for the “unspeakable violation of human decency.”
In a post to 37-year-old Vanessa Bryant’s social media on Sunday, her attorney, Gary Robb, stressed that Bryant pleaded in person with Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva to make the Jan. 26 crash scene a no-fly zone to keep away prying snappers.
“This was of critical importance to her as she desired to protect the dignity of all the victims, and their families,” the statement said, adding that the sheriff “assured us all measures would be put in place.”
Robb called it “inexcusable and deplorable” that first responders were reportedly instead sharing graphic images of the scene where nine died, including her hoops legend husband and their 13-year-old daughter, Gianni.
“First responders should be trustworthy,” the statement noted — calling for those responsible to not just be punished but also named-and-shamed, with a full investigation by Internal Affairs.
“This is an unspeakable violation of human decency, respect, and of the privacy rights of the victims and their families,” the statement insisted.
“We are demanding that those responsible for these alleged actions face the harshest possible discipline, and that their identities be brought to light, to ensure that the photos are not further disseminated.”
Bryant is “grateful to the individual who filed an online complaint exposing these acts of injustice, and for the choice to protect human dignity,” the statement adds of the whistleblower.
The Sheriff’s Department last week told the Los Angeles Times, which first broke the story, that the “matter is being looked into.”
The NBA legend, 41, Gianna and seven others — Christina Mauser; Payton and Sarah Chester; John, Keri and Alyssa Altobelli; and pilot Ara Zobayan — died when Bryant’s helicopter collided with a Calabasas hillside amid dense fog.
The group had been on their way to a youth basketball game in Thousand Oaks.
Vanessa Bryant has also filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the company that operated the chopper.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
3 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
3 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
3 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
3 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
4 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
4 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
4 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
4 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
4 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
4 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
4 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
5 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
5 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappointing Man City
5 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
5 hours