Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has died.
According to sources, the 50-year-old died on Monday morning at a hospital in Tema surrounded by his wife and children.
The actor who was also into other private businesses played different roles in many movies and television advertisements.
Borga, Frozen Emotion, Savannah, In April, Checkmate, Illusions, A Woman Scorned, Pool Party, and Famous were some of the movies he starred in.
He holds a Masters’s Degree in Fine Arts and a Diploma in Theatre Arts (Drama) from the University of Ghana, Legon.
Mr Blankson also graduated from the Heineken Global Commerce University, Amsterdam, with a marketing certificate.
He is survived by a wife and children.
Ekow Blankson has worked with media companies including TV Africa, Media General Limited and The Multimedia Group.
At The Multimedia Group, he was the Managing Director of Brands and Corporate Communications and General Manager (Luv FM and Nhyira FM) respectively.
He also featured and directed some Ghanaian movies until his demise.
Mr Blankson was the Commercial Manager at GhanaWeb.
Best Moment on screen
In an interview with YFM’s Rev. Erskine in July 2021, Mr Blankson singled out his time on the set of ‘Checkmate’ as his best moment on the screen.
He said the director of the movie, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, contributed to the great moment he had on location and set.
He explained that “At that time I was used to doing things my way.
“I was used to suggesting moves, suggesting delivery, changing dialogue when I thought it was right but when I got onto that set, I really got challenged.
“Here, you could find that the director knew what she was about and I realised that those were better than I suggested”.
Ekow noted that indeed the work put into the movie paid off as people commended him for his role in that movie.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- Dashboard: Mobile money transactions in Ghana
- Financial Stability Council pledges to closely monitor impacts of Debt Exchange Programme; ¢15bn fund to be set up
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- 796 flee Burkina Faso to Sissala West communities for fear of attack
- We only approved policy principle of 2023 Budget; not the taxes – Minority
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- NPA to seek cabinet support to remove taxes on LPG
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds