Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has died.
According to sources, the 50-year-old died on Monday morning at a hospital in Tema surrounded by his wife and children.
The actor who was also into other private businesses played different roles in many movies and television advertisements.
Borga, Frozen Emotion, Savannah, In April, Checkmate, Illusions, A Woman Scorned, Pool Party, and Famous were some of the movies he starred in.
He holds a Masters’s Degree in Fine Arts and a Diploma in Theatre Arts (Drama) from the University of Ghana, Legon.
Mr Blankson also graduated from the Heineken Global Commerce University, Amsterdam, with a marketing certificate.
He is survived by a wife and children.
Ekow Blankson has worked with media companies including TV Africa, Media General Limited and The Multimedia Group.
At The Multimedia Group, he was the Managing Director of Brands and Corporate Communications and General Manager (Luv FM and Nhyira FM) respectively.
He also featured and directed some Ghanaian movies until his demise.
Mr Blankson was the Commercial Manager at GhanaWeb.
Best Moment on screen
In an interview with YFM’s Rev. Erskine in July 2021, Mr Blankson singled out his time on the set of ‘Checkmate’ as his best moment on the screen.
He said the director of the movie, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, contributed to the great moment he had on location and set.
He explained that “At that time I was used to doing things my way.
“I was used to suggesting moves, suggesting delivery, changing dialogue when I thought it was right but when I got onto that set, I really got challenged.
“Here, you could find that the director knew what she was about and I realised that those were better than I suggested”.
Ekow noted that indeed the work put into the movie paid off as people commended him for his role in that movie.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- 2022 World Cup: Otto Addo wary of Son Heung-min threat ahead of South Korea clash
- 2022 World Cup: ‘We will see a passionate Black Stars against South Korea – Otto Addo
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- Policy rate hits 27%; loans to become more expensive
- Absa Bank adjudged Best Company in STEM Education
- 4 dead in Somalia hotel siege
- Interior Ministry declares Friday as a public holiday
- Government records oversubscription of T-bills sale for second week running
- UBA Ghana equips SMEs to maximise business growth
- UPSA Law School Diplomatic Dialogue Series comes off on Nov. 30
- Africa needs new strategic framework for industrialisation – Alan Kyerematen
- Ghanaian plastic surgeon awarded US President’s Volunteer Service Award
- 2022 World Cup: Black Stars enjoy morning walk ahead of South Korea clash
- YEA partners with Prisons Service to recruit 2000 personnel as Prison Office Assistants
- Teachers and students at Sandema embrace STEM Bootcamp
- Ghana’s domestic debt restructuring options: debt ‘haircut’, debt reprofiling or combination of both
- We can’t live in a world where dogs eat children
- Huawei signs global ITU pledge to connect 120 million people in remote areas to digital world