Telecommunications giant, Vodafone Ghana, sponsored the Otumfuo at 70 Invitational Golf Tournament that was held on Saturday at the Royal Golf Club in Kumasi, Ashanti Region.
The one-day golf event, which was organised by the Club to commemorate Otumfuo Osei Tutu II’s 70th birthday, brought together selected high profile golfers across the country to compete in age-related categories.
The tournament commenced with a teeing off team comprising the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei-Tutu II; Sir Sam Jonah, Nana Bi Kusi Appiah, Manso Nkwantahene and Gaby Moughanie, RGCK Management member.
Chief Executive of Vodafone Ghana, Patricia Obo-Nai, spoke about Vodafone’s commitment to supporting the advancement and development of Asanteman.
She said, “We are excited to be associated with the Otumfuo at 70 Invitational Golf Tournament. We have had a fruitful relationship with His Majesty, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II and the entire people of Asanteman for all these years and we deem this a great privilege.
“We are an organisation that constantly seek to develop and nurture fruitful relationships with our customers and stakeholders. This prestigious tournament offers us an enviable platform to engage and deliver an enhanced brand experience for our customers whilst we build lasting business relationships as we interact in an informal setting.”
Patricia congratulated and expressed warm birthday wishes to His Royal Majesty and commended him for the exemplary leadership in promoting development in the region, especially in health and education.
At the end of the tournament, Emmanuel Coffie from the Royal Golf Club emerged as the Overall Winner and Winner of the Group C category (35 to 49 years).
Margaret Oduro also from the Royal Golf Club won the Group A category (60 years and above). Prof Bernard Kofi Baiden completed a total sweep by Royal Golf Club by winning the middle category, Group B (50 to 59years).
The tournament ended with a colorful celebratory awards dinner at the Golden Tulip Hotel in honour of Otumfuo’s 70th birthday celebration.
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Burkina Faso junta leader confirms fresh coup attempt
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse
- NDC demands immediate release of arrested party fan
- We won’t approve 2023 budget if sector ministers don’t appear in Parliament – Minority
- World Cup 2022: Ghana aim for revenge against Uruguay for 2010 exit
- World Cup: Uruguay score quick-fire double against Ghana
- Ghana’s food security situation remains strong – Agric Minister
- Russian invasion must not succeed – Archbishop
- Akufo-Addo urges farmers to support fight against galamsey
- 2022 World Cup: Baba Rahman, Alidu Seidu return to Ghana’s starting XI to face Uruguay
- Ukraine war: Russia demands annexations recognised before talks
- Manwerehene pleads with striking Manhyia hospital nurses to return to post
- ADB Plc appoints Alhassan Yakubu-Tali as Managing Director
- Rev. Obed Danquah: Agriculture, whose business?
- NACOC officials seize US$1.4m worth of suspected narcotic drugs
- Petrol tanker accident: Residents scramble for fuel
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia