Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Vodafone Ghana, Patricia Obo-Nai, has been adjudged the best CEO in telecoms at the Industry CEO Awards, held over the weekend.
The awards event, which was based on 100 per cent public votes and delivered through SMS, is an annual event aimed at identifying and publicly recognising the most outstanding Chief Executives across a wide range of sectors.
Commenting on the award, Patricia said, “It is truly delightful to be acknowledged. I thank Ghanaians for recognising my commitment towards innovation and transformation.
“This award really reflects the tremendous work of our dedicated employees and senior management, who have been supportive and remarkable; as well as the great products, and quality network delivery over the period.”
The award is an affirmation of the impact Mrs Obo-Nai is already making, barely seven months in office.
Key amongst these is the simplification of Vodafone’s products and the introduction of the industry-first real family product – Vodafone One.
Additionally, she’s also displayed leadership in empowering 700 young girls with STEM education and digital coding; and network expansion.
Vodafone is currently offering its mobile money customers an unprecedented experience of sending money to other Vodafone Cash wallets without transfer charges.
- Number 12: Sannie Daara cleared of wrongdoing, GFA free to re-appoint him
- Osinachi’s husband charged with homicide
- GES did not undertake $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training under my watch – Matthew Opoku Prempeh
- Mr Ibu hospitalised again
- Major shake-up hits ECG as new MD reshuffles top 14 officers
- 10-bedroom apartment burnt in Thursday afternoon fire in Kumasi
- NPP regional elections: 6 ‘suspicious’ persons arrested in Northern Region
- We may hear Adwoa Safo via zoom – Privileges Committee
- One dead after armed men attack gold dealer’s shop at Anyinam on Accra-Kumasi highway
- NPP Council of Elders in Ashanti region set to boycott Regional Executive Elections
Armed female bystander kills man firing at party in West Virginia
Assin North: Court of Appeal dismisses Gyakye Quayson’s Stay of Proceedings
Watch the French Ambassador attempt to speak Twi
Ghana signs $69.88 million renewable energy agreement to enhance electricity access
Joy Business Reporter and Anchor Charles Ayitey wins award
Speaker reiterates need for passage of Affirmative Action Bill
AfDB Governors adopt 10 years strategic plan
‘I will not recognise any naked person in this House again’ – Speaker on MPs dressing
University of Energy and Natural Resources cuts sod for the construction of a sports complex
Livestream: Newsfile discusses Accra flooding and rescuing Achimota forest
Ethiopia unrest: Sudden arrest of 4,000 spells fear in Amhara
How ex-Gambia President Yahya Jammeh’s US mansion was seized
Trump: US should fund safe schools before Ukraine
IOM Ghana launches ‘Waka well, fa kwan pa so’ campaign to inform youth about migration-related decisions
6 NPP executives in Northern Region retained