The Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) has assured that it is working to improve its efficiency.
Speaking on the sidelines of a Greater Accra Metropolitan Area Sanitation and Water Project training programme, Engineer Emmanuel Adams who is part of the team working on the water component of the project said GWCL is replacing old pipelines and putting in place measures to stop water losses caused by burst pipes and illegal connections.
According to him, the company is also looking at “extending pipelines to selected low-income areas in Greater Accra Metropolitan Area and Greater Kumasi Metropolitan area.”
“Also we are looking to undertake some activities to improve our efficiency as far as our work is concerned,” he added.
Engineer Adams said the GWCL hopes to complete the works by December 2024.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong
- Reports that banks are facing insolvency risk over DDE malicious – Ghana Association of Banks
- Re: Banks facing insolvency risks on debt exchange programme
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Free SHS: Holistic approach to teaching and learning needed to sustain quality