Lawyers for defunct gold dealership firm, Menzgold say they are unable to undertake the payment of customers as instructed by the company.
On Wednesday, Menzgold announced that it was commencing payment of customers from Friday, December 27, 2019, for a 36-month period.
The company made this revelation in a statement signed by its Head of Communications, Nii Amarh Amarteifio and provided a detailed payment schedule and formula to be employed in making the disbursement.
The statement indicated that since the company’s assets remain frozen and it cannot access any of its bank accounts, “our lawyers shall agree with claimants upon invitation, as to where and how to legally receive payment.
“Claims shall be settled in full and shall be subject to an invitation from our legal team: Kwame Akuffo & Co. Unlimited,” strictly following scheduled order.
But Kwame Akuffo & Co. in a press statement said it has informed “the Client [Menzgold] that the firm does not have the capacity to carry out the said exercise.
“The firm is, therefore, unable to accept instructions in that regard,” the statement added.
The law firm has, instead, advised Menzgold to “instruct a third-party entity to carry out the instructions in respect of the above mentioned.”
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- #NSMQ2021: Mfantsiman Girls SHS dumped for the third time in a row at regional championships
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received a baton before – Coach
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
- Students of Takoradi Technical University reject certificate
- Customs driver jailed for selling official vehicle
Italian woman accidentally given six shots of Covid-19 vaccine
Drake is Billboard’s Artist of the Decade, will receive honor at 2021 Billboard Music Awards
We’ll work for food security reserves – ECOWAS
Pandemic could lead to more child obesity, WHO Europe office warns
French court fines, sentences Oppong Weah’s son for reckless partying
Salifu Ibrahim not being swayed by man of the match awards
SYND-Ghana backs Lands Ministry’s fight against exploitation of forest reserves
‘I left home so I can take care of my family,’ – A ‘kayayo’ on why she is on the streets
Make a deliberate effort to own a copy of the 1992 Constitution – NCCE
Parliament to reconvene on May 25 to commence second meeting
Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
Even though it hurts to see you with her, I’m genuinely happy for you
To my ex-lover that I can’t move on from