Audio By Carbonatix
Kpone Traditional Council has described as misleading reports claiming that the Paramount Chief Nii Tetteh Otu II angrily drove away the President last Sunday.
President Akufo-Addo on Sunday cut sod for the construction of a 40-bed hospital for the Kpone-Katamanso Municipality expected to be completed within 24 months.
However, information circulating on social media hours after the ceremony suggested that the President of the Council, Nii Tetteh Otu II was angry at President Akufo-Addo.

At a media briefing on Tuesday, Divisional Chief of Gbetseli, Nii Tei Kojo Amankwah Sune I who spoke on behalf of the Paramount Chief debunked the publication.
“The misinformation on social media has put the name of the traditional council into disrepute and we suspect some people out there want to destroy the warm relationship we have with Nana Addo.
"We are very happy about the hospital project and find it shocking for anyone to say the traditional authorities here are displeased with it," Nii Tei Kojo said.
According to him, Nii Tetteh Otu II was only suggesting to President Akufo-Addo that he had wished the health facility was a multi-storey structure so as to help conserve land.

He said, following the suggestions, Nana Addo asked the Paramount Chief to discuss with the contractor of the project for any modification that can be done to the structure.
Since then, a three-member committee has been set up by the traditional council to coordinate with the contractor on the project.
He further explained that the Paramount Chief’s hand gestures have been misconstrued and portrayed in the negative sense on social media.
“Having waited for a project like this, we were happy that it was finally going to materialise," he indicated.
Nii Tei Kojo Amankwah Sune I and other chiefs reiterated their happiness for the project and warned the council will not hesitate to take action should those behind this falsehood be found.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
2 hours -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
2 hours -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
3 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
3 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
3 hours -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
3 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
3 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
4 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
4 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
4 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
4 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
4 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
5 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
5 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
5 hours
