Music duo R2Bees say they do not need Wizkid’s platform to grow.
It is no secret that the two have a very strong bond and are mostly having fun together making music.
However, the group said they do not need to penetrate the Nigerian market through Wizkid to make it to the peak of their career.
Speaking in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz, a member of the duo, Paedae said they believe that in order for them to get to Wizkid’s status, they need to work hard for themselves.
“We don’t need Wizkid’s platform. We have to work hard. If we want to get to his platform we have to work hard. I don’t believe in handouts.
“We have to grind. I don’t see why people think Wizkid has to put us in his platform before we succeed”
Wizkid introduced singer King Promise on stage to perform at his concert at the O2 arena in London last week.
Though many were happy with the gesture, a lot of R2Bees fans questioned why the group was not invited to perform as well.
R2Bees and Wizkid have collaborated on many hits like Slowdown, Tonight, Supa and a few others.
- Why Dede Ayew is trending on Twitter
- Majority describes Bagbin’s frequent absence as worrying
- E-levy is less than 2%; UK pays 10% and we go there and seek loans from them – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful
- Asamoah Gyan reported me to Kufuor and I’ve never been happy with him to date – K. T. Hammond
- I held outdoor crusades for 5k people at age 5 in Nigeria – Sam George
- Last time I changed my sponge was 12 years ago – Man tells JoyNews
- I spent 50% of my 8-year savings in 2 years – Family man recounts how he survived Covid-19
- I withdrew my SSNIT funds to start a business but Covid-19 didn’t let me – Man recounts
- Market queens in Kumasi opt to pay nomination fee for Alan Kyerematen
- 3 arrested over ‘dangerous’ transportation of huge log in Ejisu
There’ll be an economic disaster if E-levy fails to go through – Ken Ofori-Atta
Okwawu United announce new management members
Ayawaso Central Assembly steps up ‘Operation Clean Your Frontage’ sensitisation campaign
Apeatse explosion: Negligence, regulation lapses and institutional failures caused incident – Expert
Mary J. Blige says she had to pay herself ‘the highest compliments’ in order to get her confidence back
Chris Brown sued for $20m Over alleged rape
Rihanna went pantless on a date with A$AP Rocky
GPL Week 15 Preview: Hearts play King Faisal, Olympics face Kotoko
President of House of Chiefs calls on GCB Bank Management
A story of 3 sisters who survived an Indian brothel
No meat in Bolgatanga market, Assembly recruits new butchers
Bagbin to undergo third medical review in Dubai; returns on March 4
Over 15,000 displaced in new Darfur violence – UN
Ghana and Rwanda sign agreement to deepen bilateral trade relations
Novak Djokovic: Doubts over timing of Covid-19 test