The Greater Accra New Patriotic Party (NPP) Youth Organiser has called for support for women to achieve the theme for this year’s International Women’s’ Day.
An aspiring Regional Youth Organiser, Prince Obeng said gender parity will be achieved if Ghanaians are committed in mind and action towards the empowerment of women in the country.
He also wants all citizens to rally towards the global theme, "Press For Progress" in order to achieve "gender parity".
“The mindset that will result in a collective and a strong global movement of advocacy, action and support for gender parity,’ the aspiring Regional Organiser for the governing party said in a statement issued Thursday.
“Today, the world is celebrating women. Women have played and continue to affect the progress of this world positively. They care for the home, instil good moral values and partake in promoting culture and development. The contributions of women to the beauty of this world cannot be underestimated.
“Over the years, women have suffered from exclusion and discrimination especially on our part of the world. That notwithstanding, they still strive towards making a meaningful contribution to nation building.
“As we celebrate International Women's Day 2018 with a campaign theme "Press For Progress" I entreat us all to commit to a "gender parity mindset". The mindset that will result in a collective and a strong global movement of advocacy, action and support for gender parity.
“Let us encourage individuals, groups, businesses and governments to provide the support that is needed for women to achieve the theme of this year's celebration.”
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims