Audio By Carbonatix
The contractor of the demolished apartments at the Nigerian High Commission, Patrick Korlayebisi says the Commission had not received any warning or faced any litigation problems prior to the unwarranted exercise.
According to him, people from the Lands Commission had earlier visited the site when construction had resumed.
Mr Korlayebisi said they left shortly after that with no incidence when they learnt the building belonged to the Nigerian High Commission.
"It was, therefore, unfortunate that armed men later stormed the premises to pull down some buildings," he said.
Armed men on Friday night stormed the Nigerian High Commissioner’s residence in Accra, Ghana with bulldozers to demolish a block of uncompleted apartments on the property.
The building was being constructed to house staff and visiting diplomats to the High Commission.

Following the demolition, diplomatic relations between Ghana and Nigeria have taken a sour turn, with the Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs in Nigeria, Yusuf Buba Yakub calling for sanctions against Ghana.
Some Nigerians who are not happy about the development have also expressed their disappointment, calling on the government to intervene.

Subsequently, an apology was issued by the Ghanaian government.
The State says it is working closely with the Ghana Police Service to investigate the situation.
Latest Stories
-
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
9 minutes -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
14 minutes -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
20 minutes -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
1 hour -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
2 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
2 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
2 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
4 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
4 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
4 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
4 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
4 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
4 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
5 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
5 hours