Ghana defender Daniel Amartey believes Leicester City can turn King Power Stadium into a fortress and make their fans happy by winning their final Premier League home game of the season.
The central defender, who has been one of the Foxes’ most consistent players this season, has played a key part in Leicester moving to 10th position with two games still to go until the end of the season.
Leicester have been on the winning end of nine out of their 18 games in the Premier League so far this season and beat Norwich City with a 3-0 scoreline on Wednesday, May 11.
“King Power Stadium is our home, we want it to be our fortress,” the 27-year-old said as quoted by the club’s official website.
“It’s a nice stadium to play at and we always know the fans are with us. We can beat any team at home for these reasons. It is a special place.
“We are close to the end of the season now, so we only have two more home games to go.
“We want to get two wins so the fans can be happy ahead of the summer.”
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Fitch Solutions maintains 2.9% growth rate forecast for Ghana 2023
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Review of flagship programmes: Let’s not touch Free SHS – Kwame Pianim
- Joseph Paintsil scores brace as Genk cruise past Club Brugge
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg
- World Bank releases additional $150m for Odaw Basin flood control
- Amedzorfe chief Okusie Akyem Foli V laid to rest
- GPL: ‘We are out’ – Paa Kwesi Fabin says Aduana cannot win title
- Virtual InfoSec builds Bank of Ghana’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity centre
- Yhaw Hero back with new song ‘Cold War’
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: ECG’s revenue mobilisation drive: simply the best
- DreamChild Foundation poised for exciting HoodTalk Music Festival
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight