Singer Wendy Shay has hinted she may release a collaboration she recorded with late Dancehall artiste Ebony before her passing.
According to her, Rufftown Records, her label, released two songs after Ebony Reigns’ death. Unfortunately, it didn’t have much traction with the fans as was hoped.
However, she is hoping that fans will give the late singer’s new song the attention it deserves.
Taking to Instagram, the ‘Uber Driver’ hitmaker dedicated a post to Ebony and asked fans if they would be interested in hearing a song that features the two of them.
The ‘Emergency’ singer wrote, “Ebony x Wendy Shay on one song what do you guys think?”
Her statement comes after her new look went viral in which the singer had on a gothic look complemented with dreadlocks.
In her post, Wendy Shay stated that the ‘Maame Hwe’ hitmaker had trended for the first time in a long while “because I posted a Pic, they said I look like you and I am copying you.”
She wrote that many fans have no idea why she had decided to go for the look.
“Kindly use the same energy used in circulating my pic to push this song.
Ebony lives on,” she added.
Ebony Reigns died in an accident in February 2018 while travelling to Accra from Koforidua.
Wendy Shay was introduced to Ghanaians months later as Rufftowns new signee at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards when Ebony was crowned ‘Artiste of the Year’.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- Tafohene furious over MP’s failure to attend commissioning of astroturf
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Investigating assault on Caleb Kudah: I don’t trust National Security – Ken Ashigbey
Juventus edge Inter Milan in thriller to keep Champions League hopes alive
Lewandowski equals Muller’s Bundesliga goals record in Bayern draw
Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020 with knee injury
Disband National Security Ministry- Samson Lardy Anyenini
I stopped being a member of GJA because of its President – Manasseh Azure
Asantehene’s involvement in galamsey fight a big impetus – Abu Jinapor
Arrest of Citi FM Journalists: National Security boss should be held to account – Audrey Gadzekpo
We need to guard against religious chauvinism – Harruna Iddrisu
Investigative Journalism is becoming scarier – Manasseh Azure
NCCE Director calls on Ghanaians to respect each other
Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
Alleged assault on Citi FM journalists: CHRAJ should be tasked to investigate – Kweku Baako
Greed, dishonesty and hypocrisy must be eschewed in ‘galamsey’ fight – Asantehene