The Western Region executives of the Convention People’s Party (CPP) have descended heavily on the National executives of the party for annulling the election of Hon Freddie Blay for the Ellembelle seat.
The Ellembelle primaries, according to them was a constitutional duty they performed, for which reason it cannot be annulled.
Freddie Blay last week won the primaries by an overwhelming majority, but the party’s National executives nullified the results, and failed to give reasons for their decision.
Blay has been accused of not only declaring support openly for the NPP presidential candidate, Nana Akufo-Addo but also questioning the ability of the CPP to win the upcoming election, an allegation he has refused to confirm or deny.
But the Western Region Chairman of the party Samuel Gordon Atru said Blay is clean of those allegations.
Speaking in an interview with Joy news’ Akwasi Sarpong he said he had conducted investigations into those allegations and none were found to be true.
“Freddie Blay did not say the CPP will not win this years election. He did not declare his support for Akufo-Addo.” He insisted.
Gordon Atru could not confirm if Freddie Blay was going to campaign for Dr. Paa Kwasi Nduom, the flag bearer of the CPP.
He however admitted that delegates and supporters of Freddie Blay put up a Kangaroo dance, a dance that has been associated with the NPP, after Blay was declared victor in last weeks primaries.
Author: Nathan Gadugah
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall
- Support Kirani Ayat amid copyright infringement allegations against GTA – Trigmatic tells creatives
- Hosts Ghana clash with Nigeria in MEA Rugby League Championship final
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks
- Labour MP suspended, apologises after calling Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng ‘superficially’ black
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- US-based Oakley signs agreement with Benjamin Azamati
- 16 suspects arrested over shooting incident at Asaman Tamfoe
- Ivory Coast raises cocoa farmgate price by 9% for 2022/2023 harvest
- Pact with Rabat is in force and being implemented – Head of Spanish Diplomacy