The Western Region executives of the Convention People’s Party (CPP) have descended heavily on the National executives of the party for annulling the election of Hon Freddie Blay for the Ellembelle seat.
The Ellembelle primaries, according to them was a constitutional duty they performed, for which reason it cannot be annulled.
Freddie Blay last week won the primaries by an overwhelming majority, but the party’s National executives nullified the results, and failed to give reasons for their decision.
Blay has been accused of not only declaring support openly for the NPP presidential candidate, Nana Akufo-Addo but also questioning the ability of the CPP to win the upcoming election, an allegation he has refused to confirm or deny.
But the Western Region Chairman of the party Samuel Gordon Atru said Blay is clean of those allegations.
Speaking in an interview with Joy news’ Akwasi Sarpong he said he had conducted investigations into those allegations and none were found to be true.
“Freddie Blay did not say the CPP will not win this years election. He did not declare his support for Akufo-Addo.” He insisted.
Gordon Atru could not confirm if Freddie Blay was going to campaign for Dr. Paa Kwasi Nduom, the flag bearer of the CPP.
He however admitted that delegates and supporters of Freddie Blay put up a Kangaroo dance, a dance that has been associated with the NPP, after Blay was declared victor in last weeks primaries.
Author: Nathan Gadugah
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback