The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) says Indomie Instant Chicken Noodles with the ‘Ladha Ya Kuku’ inscription has not been registered for public consumption.
The products, which are suspected to contain high levels of aflatoxins and pesticides, have not been sighted in Ghana yet.
Ahead of any possible infiltration into the Ghanaian market, the Authority has increased its surveillance on the markets and wants persons who sight the products to report them.
“The only Indomie Instant Chicken Noodles product that is registered in Ghana is manufactured locally and only occasionally sourced from Nigeria.
“Both products are taken through a rigorous process, including testing regimes for aflatoxins and pesticide residues before a market authorisation is given.
“In light of the recent recalls in other countries, the FDA has picked samples from the manufacturing facility in Ghana and different points of sale across regions nationwide for testing at the Centre for Laboratory Services and Research,” a statement dated May 10, 2022, said.
“Anybody in possession of the unregistered [Ladha Ya Kuku] Indomie products should contact the FDA immediately.”
FDA says its surveillance teams are monitoring the markets for any of these registered products and “will not renege on its mandate to protect public health and safety.”
Below is the full statement:
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Banks in Ghana too profitable; impose ‘Bank Tax’ on their investments – British Financial Economist
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- Bond market: Total market turnover declines by 72.03% to ¢78.75m
- FBI agent who spied for Russia found dead in prison
- Cedi depreciation against dollar slows down; may record mixed performance this week
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- MOVEit hack: BBC, BA and Boots among cyber attack victims
- District Court grants bail to 21 suspects over attack on Daboya Police Station
- Vision Pro: Apple’s new augmented reality headset unveiled
- Assin North by-election – NDC’s statement lacks deep thinking – Nana B
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NPP has no locus when it comes to winning Assin-North by-election – Mustapha Gbande
- Assin-North by-election: Charles Opoku has no allegiance to Assin-North constituency – Mustapha Gbande
- Gbi Godenu, other communities in Hohoe to soon become defecation free with new public toilet facilities
- Ada Traditional Council seeks state security for Songor Salt Project
- Help care for the aged in the society – Noble Age Foundation
- From Eric’s Diary: Ei! So, NPP can break the 8?