A 47-year- old farmer, Mr Charles Oko, has been left with serious injuries, after a female farmer known as Madam Yaa Yaa, attacked and inflicted cutlass wounds on him at Botoku in the Awutu-Senya-West District of the Central Region.
Madam Yaa Yaa accused Mr Oko of destroying her cassava plantation when clearing weeds around the crops at a boundary the two shared.
According to Mr Godfred Quaye, brother of the victim, Mr Oko immediately apologised for the blunder after Madam Yaa Yaa confronted him, but she refused to accept the apology. She then attacked him with a cutlass as soon as he turned to go back to his farm.
He received cuts on the head and shoulders and Madam Yaa Yaa absconded right after the act.
He said some hunters later found the victim badly wounded and rushed him to the Winneba Trauma and Specialist Hospital where he is on admission receiving treatment.
The case has been reported to the Awutu Beraku District Police Command for investigation.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Women 35 years and above are at higher risk of giving birth to babies with Down syndrome – Expert
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- Rapper Edem hints at contesting NDC parliamentary primaries
- Slut Boy Billy: a rap prodigy breaking norms, making strides
- Why the Tema Motorway is a death trap
- Peter Obi kicks off legal challenge to Nigeria election result
- Dr Akoto Osei’s death a shock to the whole nation – Speaker
- Gwyneth Paltrow expected to appear in court over ski crash case
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Davido is back with new album ‘Timeless’, set for March 31
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Female farmers less likely to leave crop residues to decompose – KNUST research
- Drivers in Kumasi speed on weekends – Research reveals
- Implement existing laws to protect consumer – CUTS urges regulators