Construction works on the 4-tier Pokuase interchange is about 95% complete, Site Engineer, Kwabena Bimpong has revealed.
He made the disclosure to JoyNews’ Mamavi Owusu Aboagye when she visited the site.
This is almost two years after work on the Interchange began.
Then Senior Minister, Yaw Osafo Marfo on behalf of President Akufo-Addo, cut sod for construction works on the Pokuase interchange to begin in July, 2018.
The aim of the project was to ease traffic congestion on a portion of the Accra-Nsawam road, improve urban mobility, facilitate economic activities and generally improve livelihood on the Accra-Nsawam road.
It was constructed at an estimated cost of $84 million and was being jointly funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB) and the Ghana government.
The project was expected to be completed by April 2020, however, due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic progress on the construction of the Interchange was stalled.
That notwithstanding, contractors got back to work after the lockdown and worked towards completing it.
The interchange connects Nsawam to Accra, Awoshir to Pokuase, Kwabena to Pokuase and were almost getting to the end of this project.
It is being executed by Zhongmei Engineering Group Ltd, a Chinese construction company.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022
- We have sufficient stocks of petroleum products to last into New Year – Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors
- World Bank officials laud Ghana’s Tech Lab over effective operations
- Government puts together post Covid-19 economic programme to guide IMF negotiations