The Youth Employment Agency has warmly welcomed its new Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Kofi Baah Agyepong.
The newly appointed CEO began his tenure on Thursday, 11th August 2022.
The young and vibrant new Chief Executive Officer received a rousing welcome amidst cheers when he was introduced by the former Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Justin Kodua Frimpong who is now the General Secretary of the New Patriotic Party.
Staff who were visibly happy having learned of the humble but principled nature of the new CEO and his will to continue and improve the fortunes of the Agency expressed their gratitude in seeing the smooth transition and the assurance of a continuum in leadership.
In his introduction, the immediate past Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mr. Frimpong tasked the staff to extend the same support, cooperation and conducive environment he enjoyed to his successor for him to succeed in developing the Agency.
He further assured that even with his new role as General Secretary, he will remain an integral part of the Agency and promote the Agency’s programmes even at the level of cabinet. He was extremely grateful to all stakeholders for the support he enjoyed during his six-year tenure as CEO.
Mr. Frimpong handed over relevant documents officially to the new CEO and urged him to undertake a detailed assessment for review and continuation of the programmes and modules rolled out so far. He said this will enable him improve upon them for the benefit of the unemployed youth.
Mr. Kofi Baah Agyepong on his part expressed appreciation at the warm reception received from the staff and assured of a great Management and staff collaboration to implement the programmes of the Agency and to further create employment for the youth of Ghana.
He assured the former CEO of a continuation of the reformation agenda that has brought renewed hope to the youth of Ghana.
The CEO urged the staff to disabuse their minds of any perceived reassignments as a result of the change at the helm of affairs.
Mr. Kofi Baah Agyepong said his main preoccupation is to achieve results and promised to meet the staff to evaluate their individual roles and how best to improve upon them. Another important issue for the CEO is attitude to work as regards commitment to the course of youth development, hard work and punctuality.
He believes a great attitude by all staff will obviously inure to the mutual benefit of the Agency and its key stakeholders, beneficiaries and jobseekers.
The new Chief Executive Officer noted that he is looking forward to run with speed, discipline and results orientation to achieve the One Million Jobs Agenda of the Youth Employment Agency.
Mr. Agyepong also held a meeting with the Governing Board of the Agency chaired by Rev. Mrs. Anita Kusi Boateng.
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- WHO alert over India-made cough syrups after deaths in The Gambia
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- I think Black Sherif is Bob Marley reincarnate – Sonnie Badu
- Prudential Bank leads conversation on Pan-African Payment and Settlement System
- Midweek performance wrap of Ghanaian players in Europe
- Exhibit customer-centric services in your daily operations – British Council to organisations
- Government consciously shielding main culprit in Bulgarian Embassy demolition – Ablakwa
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- #BigBrotherNaija records over 19m tweets by fans￼
- Uganda president apologises for son’s tweets on invading Kenya
- Illegal mining very endemic in Bosome Freho district – Lands Ministry
- US to begin screening travellers coming from Uganda for Ebola
- British officials released date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- World Bank’s assessment is a true reflection of economic reality in Ghana – Prof. Lord Mensah
- Anny Osabutey: Ghana, a land of ‘beautyful’ nonsense!